• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

DanaTA

Distinguished
It only got into the low 80s here today. It will go up over the next few days and may hit 90 again soon enough. At least my central A/C hasn't been running all day and night!

By the way, that hotel roof thing...that was yesterday that it happened, and it's confirmed by the National Weather Bureau that it was a tornado. A high end EF-1 (110 mph), one mile an hour faster and it would have been an EF-2! Rare for around here.

Dana

DanaTA

Distinguished
Hopefully it didn't do any more damage. Even the small ones can do a lot.
Last night on the news they confirmed that actually two tornadoes touched down on Tuesday, not one! Plus, there was also micro-burst damage. Boy, they got wholloped! (not sure of the spelling on that word) We'll probably find out tonight on the news how long they were down on the ground and how wide a path they cut.

There were a lot of trees down everywhere, and utility poles. At first there were about 50K customers without power. Last night, at 11:00, there were still 7.5K customers without power. And, the Cape is big vacation property. Lots of people go there in the summer, including some very rich people. Fortunately, there were no fatalities, and I think not even many injuries. Amazing.

Dana

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
I live in France. In the beautiful Mountain chain "Vosges" Lorraine .
Hot here, currently 34°,cloudy,very humid. But this year we had luck with thunderstorms ,they most all could not pass the mountains and my little village stay safe where around and behind the mountains the people suffer from it. Bad side, also no rain. Or almost none.

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
This is how the sky looks just right now when I look out from my living room.
IMG_20190726_095506.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
A very pretty view AG, but very hazy. I can see the humidity, and that's never good.

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
A very pretty view AG, but very hazy. I can see the humidity, and that's never good.
Yes, our view is priceless. See every morning the sunset . Love it.
Yes, yesterday was really very bad with humidity. I usually can take heat very good. (Cold not that much :cool:) but have to say, yesterday I was on my limit, even when it was not maximum hot.
But the evening was spectacular. Never see such a funny stuff before in real. When the sun go down, the thunderstorm begin. At first with heavy rain. But only under the Big rainbow which was visible over a part from my little city. This part looked like they are under a dome and take all the heavy weather.
Here in this picture you can see the heavy rain they had. Even lightning bolts (which I could not capture). We "outside" had it more moderate.

dome01.jpg

DanaTA

Distinguished
It got to at least 91F yesterday, and at least 90F today. It will likely hit the low 90s again tomorrow, and possibly on Wednesday. Heat wave!

Dana

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
We had in the low 90s today and supposedly will have the same tomorrow, but Wednesday is supposed to go back to the mid-80s, with possible storms through to Thursday morning. I'm looking forward to next weekend.

DanaTA

Distinguished
The National Weather Service/Bureau tonight has confirmed that there were actually three tornadoes that hit Cape Cod on last Tuesday! Historically, if I heard right, they've had three tornadoes...ever. Last week, the historic count doubled in one day!

Dana

Terre

Renowned
That heat wave is probably part of the reason for the tornadoes.
Here we're hitting mid 90s this week. That's low end of normal for this time of year in this area.

DanaTA

Distinguished
No offence, but I'm glad I don't live there. I'm not excited to see what my electric bill will be for this month! o_O

We had a high of 94F here today!

Dana

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
its cloudy with a high of 26c though it feels warmer in the sun (just another nice Winter's day here lol)