• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well, it got very dark here about a 1/2 hour ago, and about 15 minutes ago I heard thunder, and shortly thereafter, we had a deluge of rain AND hail. I can't remember the last time we've had hail here.

It was a quick storm as it's getting lighter again. Now maybe all this ridiculous humidity we've been having lately will calm down . . . hopefully.

Miss B

CV-BEE
NOW the sun's out. This weather is ridiculous. It was cloudy all day, and NOW after a quick major storm runs through, the sun is out. ~sheesh~ I really wish Mother Nature would make up her mind.

DanaTA

Distinguished
That was a front coming through. We had some thunder here for a little while. I think the most severe stuff went north of my location, and some of it skirted just south. The Sun is out now. But rain will be back on Tuesday!

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yeah it was pretty heavy duty, but it didn't last more than 15 minutes at most, and then the sun came out. Really strange.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Watched the news tonight. The weather...well, wild. Trees down, taking wires with them. Attleboro, maybe 20 minutes from me, had ping pong ball sized hail! Lincoln, RI had golf ball sized hail! :alien:o_O We'll have another go at it tomorrow, though she said the storms aren't expected to be quite so severe.

Dana

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I vaguely remember it raining. I think. I was napping. Slept until a few hours past dinnertime. So I had a banana smoothie for dinner.

Terre

Renowned
Supposed to be 97 today. Hot but not a high temp for this time of year.
Hail is how most summer storms start around here.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yes indeed. We did get a storm while I was napping.

All those chairs and lounge chairs are usually in nice little rows on the patio around the pool. They aren't usually in the pool or piled up along the wall.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
This is why one doesn't leave light stuff on balconies and decks when a storm is expected.

This is the first year we've not had a lifeguard on duty when the pool is open. Which makes absolutely no sense to me. While an adult is supposed to accompany children, I've seen too many of those adults paying little to no attention to their children who were either in the water or playing on the deck next to the pool. One had her nose buried in her laptop while her young child was playing at the side of the pool by the steps. Seriously? Leave the electronics in your apartment, and keep your eyes on your kids around water. That's the time to be a helicopter parent and so not the time to be a free-range parent.

Water wings / arm floaties are not a substitute for being within arm's reach of your child. At the least, invest in a properly fitted Coast Guard-approved life jacket instead of those stupid inflatable "floaties" that aren't approved as safe by anyone. Especially, if you live in an apartment with a pool and no life guard!

/grumble

DanaTA

Distinguished
87 here right now. 12:28 pm. I think we got to 90 yesterday, but I didn't check all day, so I missed it. But it was 87 at 10:30 am! Rain late tonight and on and off tomorrow. Again.

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well, we just had a quick thunderstorm roll through here. It presented itself right overhead, and startled the heck out of me. No rain or hail, which they had predicted on the news last night, but the day's not over, so who knows what else we'll see.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
We had quite heavy rain that lasted at least half an hour with the thunderstorm that hit here. It did seem to slightly lower the temperature, but with a real feel of 100F, I doubt it was all that noticeable.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Now the sun just came out. I give up! I think Mother Nature hates us. ~shakes head~

DanaTA

Distinguished
Just got suddenly quite dark. And the trees are blowing around. Front is coming through. 6:50 pm. Meteorologist on Boston 25 last night said around 7:00 pm. Here it comes! Looks like the most severe of it will go north of us, according to the radar and forecast.

Dana

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Weather report from Tuesday through Sunday was for isolated (Tuesday) to scattered Thunderstorms the rest of the week. That's what we've had here.

Thunderstorms have been distant enough, I've been able to enjoy them. It's when the lightning is overhead I get nervous.

It's been rather heavy rain during the thunderstorms, and I've had several flood alerts. Fortunately, my area isn't threatened by flooding, and I am on the Tenth floor (though my car is now parked on the ground level rather than the upper or lower levels). However, there are a lot of areas in Philadelphia that flood with even less rain than we've experienced.

DanaTA

Distinguished
What a difference from yesterday. We got to at least 90 F, and I think it probably went to about 92 F. Today, 2:13 pm and it's still only 77 F, and the humidity is lower.

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
YES!! Quite a difference today. I was out at the gym, and it wasn't bad walking there, or walking home afterward. Even when I got home, it didn't feel stuffy and humid here, even though I didn't leave the A/C running while I was out, and was worried it might be very uncomfortable when I got home. Thank goodness it wasn't all that bad.