• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Well it isn't exactly weather. But no one seems to have mentioned the holiday earthquakes in the SoCal area. It rattled us enough that I shut down the computer during the main one on Thursday and the big one on Friday. But thins seem to have settled by now.

The weather, on the other hand has been pleasantly pretending to still be June with a marine layer that gives us overcast mornings and cool nights.

DanaTA

Distinguished
I saw some video on the news. Terrifying. Those poor people afraid to go back into their homes. And they say the aftershocks can go on for years! o_O I'll stay here in Massachusetts, thank you.

I don't know where most of you live, so I though nobody was close, since nobody mentioned them.

Dana

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I'm in Los Angeles, so the epicenter of the quakes is over 100 miles away. But we got a fair bit of shaking. I'm on the 2nd floor of a 80+-year old building ("surviving earthquakes since 1933") so I felt it shimmy for most of a minute. The one on Friday lasted even longer at about the same strength. I had a few things fall over, but not a lot of actual breakage.

Don't know whether Ken Gilliland felt it out in the Topanga area. He's probably on bedrock, which doesn't get much action.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
My building still gives some mysterious creaks which make me suspicious, but at the same time, I don't actually *feel* anything. It's a little after 7:00 PST and 91 degrees Fahrenheit. Humidity is in a reasonably pleasant bracket. I've needed to run a fan for the last several nights, but there's enough of a cross-draft that my office is still pleasant. (83 degrees acto the thermometer that I have on a shelf above the computer.)

DanaTA

Distinguished
It hit 90 F here again today. Thunder storms rolled through, a couple of thunderclaps actually shook the house! o_O The lightning was about 3,300 feet away. Never lost power, though.

Dana

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, it rolled through here a little after 8:00pm, and lasted for about 1 1/2 hours. We didn't lose power either.

DanaTA

Distinguished
I get a little bit on edge when it's less than a mile away. But I was watching Bosch on the Firestick, and everything was fine.
When you can hear the crackle and the clap is nearly instantaneous, that's when you worry and shut things down. Fortunately, that didn't happen.

Dana

DanaTA

Distinguished
How do you like Bosch? I've read all the books.
Didn't know there were books. I like it. Diane didn't, so I watch it alone. Just started the second season. Titus Welliver is Bosch. He looks so familiar. I looked for him on IMDB to see what he was in. I thought maybe he was a regular in some series that I've watched. But mostly guest appearances in things. Some that I have seen, most not. I think he's doing a good job, and the story seems pretty well written. Holds your interest.

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
Didn't know there were books. I like it. Diane didn't, so I watch it alone. Just started the second season. Titus Welliver is Bosch. He looks so familiar. I looked for him on IMDB to see what he was in. I thought maybe he was a regular in some series that I've watched. But mostly guest appearances in things. Some that I have seen, most not. I think he's doing a good job, and the story seems pretty well written. Holds your interest.
The author is Michael Connelly, and he has a couple of other series, including the Lincoln Lawyer, which was made into a movie, and he's "related" to Harry, though I'm not going to say how. ;)

Anyway, yes I was pleased when they announced Titus Welliver was playing Harry Bosch. Very often they pick the wrong actor for the wrong role. The Bosch series of books is one of my favorites. If you like cop stories, his are the ones to read.

DanaTA

Distinguished
The author is Michael Connelly, and he has a couple of other series, including the Lincoln Lawyer, which was made into a movie, and he's "related" to Harry, though I'm not going to say how. ;)

Anyway, yes I was pleased when they announced Titus Welliver was playing Harry Bosch. Very often they pick the wrong actor for the wrong role. The Bosch series of books is one of my favorites. If you like cop stories, his are the ones to read.

I may check them out sometime, but I haven't bought a book in quite a while. Ran out of room. :oops:

Dana

DanaTA

Distinguished
Wonderful night here. Heavy thunderstorms rolled through. There was a tornado watch in my area, and it stretched all the way to the end of Cape Cod. When the super cell passed through here there was a lot of lightning! Flashes every few seconds for at least about ten, fifteen minutes! Actually, I think it was more like 30 to 45 minutes. More tomorrow, in the morning, and then in the evening. Evening storms will be heavier. One town on the Cape had a lot of trees down, including some on a house. We won't know until tomorrow whether it was just heavy winds or a tornado.

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
I may check them out sometime, but I haven't bought a book in quite a while. Ran out of room. :oops:
If you have a tablet, you can check to see if they have them in eBooks. That's what I'm doing these days, as my local Barnes & Noble closed a couple/three years ago. Or . . . if you have a local library, I'm sure they have some, if not all, of them.

Miss B

CV-BEE
We had those thunderstorms here as well Dana, and the weather is in the mid-70s today, so absolutely delightful. Should be back in the low to mid-80s the rest of the week, and I can handle that easily. ;)

DanaTA

Distinguished
If you have a tablet, you can check to see if they have them in eBooks. That's what I'm doing these days, as my local Barnes & Noble closed a couple/three years ago. Or . . . if you have a local library, I'm sure they have some, if not all, of them.

Nope, no tablet. I'm poor, just making it month to month. Can't buy extras like that. I bought a new power tool a couple months ago, when I had a little extra from tax returns. The Rockwell Blade Runner X2. Other than that, nope.

We had those thunderstorms here as well Dana, and the weather is in the mid-70s today, so absolutely delightful. Should be back in the low to mid-80s the rest of the week, and I can handle that easily. ;)

65 right now, and that's very odd after mid-to-high 90s. But same for us, 80s the rest of the week. Still the threat of storms today and tonight, and possible lasting into Wednesday morning.

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, that's what they predicted for us for the rest of the week as well. In fact, it's very cloudy out there right now, so could very well be raining as I type this.

DanaTA

Distinguished
My sister just showed me a video of a hotel roof being ripped off, this had to be last night...it was just posted this afternoon.

Dana