• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh definitely. I can remember when I used to visit my family in Tucson in June, it was always up pushing into the 100s. Of course, back then humidity was next to nothing, so unless you were sitting in the sun, it wasn't bad at all.

Terre

Renowned
For me it is even with low humidity. I came 1 step short of passing out from heat a couple of months before my 14th birthday. literally one step. I went temporarily blind. Just like frost bite that sort of temperature injury has long term affects. It's just heat you are vulnerable to instead of cold. I have to take manual steps to cool off at lower temps than other people because my body doesn't start sweating when it's supposed to. I can always tell people who understand actual medical problems with heat from those who aren't familiar with the concept. The people who understand I have a medical problem understand why I have to have my hair down and loose (for air circulation over my scalp to carry off some heat) when it's hot instead of bundled up on my head or in a pony tail like works for most folks.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Rain let up and the Sun came out in the early afternoon. Before that, it was raining since around 7:00 pm last night. Hit the mid 70s today.

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
The people who understand I have a medical problem understand why I have to have my hair down and loose (for air circulation over my scalp to carry off some heat) when it's hot instead of bundled up on my head or in a pony tail like works for most folks.
Goodness, that must've been very scary. I'm the opposite, as in the heat (and especially with high humidity) I sweat profusely when outdoors, which is why now-a-days I drink a lot of water during the day. When I was in high school, through my early 30s, you could've fried an egg on my forehead during the summer months. Eventually the greasy skin changed, but then a lot of things change as you get older.

As far as my hair goes, that's why I get my hair cut real short for the summer, and then let it grow out the rest of the year, though for me it was always having all that hair around my neck that was bothersome. In fact, that reminds me, I need to make an appointment in the next couple of weeks to do just that.

Miss B

CV-BEE
We had some thunder this afternoon, but no rain. Then around 6:00pm it poured for about 10 minutes on my side of the street, but the sun was shining on the buildings across the street. ~shakes head~

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Wow! Same thing happened here. I was driving to pick my dog up from the groomers and felt one drop of rain. Got into town and it was a downpour. Got almost through town and and it stopped. I looked behind me and it was still going.

DanaTA

Distinguished
We had some thunder this afternoon, but no rain. Then around 6:00pm it poured for about 10 minutes on my side of the street, but the sun was shining on the buildings across the street. ~shakes head~

You sure you don't live in New England? :laugh: Happens here often.

Dana

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Maybe or maybe not weather related, but there was a huge fire, followed by a number of explosions at the Philadelphia Energy Solutions refinery about 4 am today. The Philadelphia Energy Solutions oil refining complex is the largest on the U.S. Eastern Seaboard and processes 335,000 barrels of crude oil daily. The fire has been contained, but it's still burning. No idea yet on the cause of the fire.

DanaTA

Distinguished
And now, of course, the rumors of terrorists will proceed. Who knows? Maybe it will be more than rumor this time. In any case, it's shocking. And bad news for gas prices.

Dana

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Seriously? Per CNN ...

An explosion and fire at a key East Coast gasoline refinery sent wholesale gas prices for the Northeast up 7 cents a gallon to $1.86 Friday, essentially matching gas futures' biggest one-day rise this year.​

This isn't even supply and demand. It's plain greed.