• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, I was just watching the weather report on the news a little while ago.

At least it's more or less past us, so that's a good thing.

Same old here: Level 2 warning for gale force winds and rain. The rain was early in the morning and stopped meanwhile, but now the winds are back.

Tom Mcgee

New-Bee
The fog this morning in LA.

The amount of people driving around without lights on this morning is upsetting though :( Turn those lights on people.

DanaTA

Distinguished
WHOA, that's some fog. We don't usually see anything quite like that on the East Coast.

Oh, and BTW, welcome to the HiveWire forums. :)

We get plenty of that kind of fog, even thicker, just a little bit north of you in Massachusetts, Rhode Island. I've driven down Ocean Drive in Newport, RI when I couldn't see more than five feet in front of me...a little scary, you could drive off the road into water in some spots. Mostly there are walls that would stop you...hard. But even right where I live, the fog can be thick.

None of that today, though. Nice, sunny, but in the late afternoon the wind started kicking up and it was a cold wind. Oh, looks like I'm repeating myself. Sorry.

Dana

We are back to a Level 1 warning; in this case from gale force winds (level 2) to just gusty winds and even the sun shows her face in between the many clouds.

Miss B

CV-BEE
We get plenty of that kind of fog, even thicker, just a little bit north of you in Massachusetts, Rhode Island.
Oh we get fog now and then, just not think like that. Then again, here in the City with tall buildings all around, it's not likely we would see it that thick, even if it WERE that thick.

Miss B

CV-BEE
WOW, winds powerful enough to blow a train off a track? That's windy alright!

We had a very short, but very strange storm about 4 or 5 years ago that was like that. It occurred at night, and it was during nice weather, because I had my windows open, and my living room drapes were literally "flying" out about from the windows. There was also a very strange bright light at the time, but it was steady, so I'm not sure it was lightning.

It lasted about 15 minutes, and blew down a lot of trees in the neighborhood, including one in front of our building, Luckily, we didn't have any power outage, and except for the 3 cars which were damaged from the tree that feel here on this street, I don't recall there being any injuries. Still very odd.

Terre

Renowned
I've seen winds worse than that once before in this area but not for as long a period. Thus this storm caused more damage than the one several years ago.
A bright glow? Something shorting perhaps but not in the right place to cause a problem with power to your building?

Miss B

CV-BEE
Hmmmm, not sure I ever heard what caused the bright light. It really was weird though, right out of a fantasy/alien movie with the drapes blowing out from the windows like they did. :laugh:

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
raining buckets and pretty good light show this weekend, so far today looks ok, forecast's for scattered thunderstorms again today.

DanaTA

Distinguished
WOW, winds powerful enough to blow a train off a track? That's windy alright!

We had a very short, but very strange storm about 4 or 5 years ago that was like that. It occurred at night, and it was during nice weather, because I had my windows open, and my living room drapes were literally "flying" out about from the windows. There was also a very strange bright light at the time, but it was steady, so I'm not sure it was lightning.

It lasted about 15 minutes, and blew down a lot of trees in the neighborhood, including one in front of our building, Luckily, we didn't have any power outage, and except for the 3 cars which were damaged from the tree that feel here on this street, I don't recall there being any injuries. Still very odd.

UFO was buzzing around. They have odd effects on the atmosphere, from what I've read. :laugh: sometimes they create a localized vortex...probably what was pulling at your curtains!

Dana