• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
They won’t go away either... this is your life now...
That happens to me too... like when I mentioned “People are strange”... now it’s stuck in my head, and probably will be until tomorrow or longer.
Oh, I've got you beat. I'm over at YouTube, and listened to it, and now Riders on the Storm, and next is L.A. Woman.

I guess I'm going to have to get the CDs out and play them the next few days before I get tired of hearing them over, and over, and over, and over again :D

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
You think that’s stupid, last year before a winter storm that never materialized, people cleaned out the bagged ice machine at my local super market...
I get that maybe they were worried the power would go out... but it’s a “w-i-n-t-e-r“ storm... one of the features of which is that thing called “cold”... so if you are sitting there with no power, it’s probably gonna get cold anyway... in fact, you are probably just making it worse...
Also, people cleaned out all the ice cream, all the popular frozen vegetables and frozen pre-made dinners... so I think there was a theme...
People are strange... very strange.
Humanity’s theme song should be “People Are Strange” by the Doors.

Mr. Bricolage... I thought they were bought out by Kingfisher or someone?
Their motto “Faite-le-vous-même”... sounds so much better than Home Depot’s “Get It Done”...
At least “Do it yourself“ is more open ended... it can be apathetic- “I don’t care... do it yourself...“ or surly “Oh, just do it yourself!”, or just a kind suggestion “ok.. do it yourself“...
Home Depot’s motto is like a threat... “Get It Done... or else...“

When the pandemic started here they shut down the some of the ”big box” stores... But, Home Depot and Lowe’s (the U.S. versions of Mr. Bricolage) stayed open though...
I have to go to there ever few days because I’m always making things, so that was lucky for me...
Unfortunately, bored people decided that was a great place to hang out and see friends and take their dogs for an outing (don’t get me started on dogs in big warehouse stores... I love dogs, but they don’t belong in those stores, its too dangerous for them)...
So because of that, they ended up limiting the number of people inside the store (which is a good alternative to closing it) and technically they were supposed to kick out lingering people just wasting time, but I doubt they ever did that.
Fun times were had by all who now had to roast in the sun on long lines...
Thats not a thing at this point anymore... but it fits in with my often used saying “Stupid people always have to ruin everything for everyone“.

People... ugh.
Why would you want more ice during a Winter storm? LOL This would be the last thing I would want when a Blizzard is coming.
I really can not get this weird behavior .Stocking up ressources , yes, food, candles, matches etc..but toilet paper, Paint, Ice?

But yes, during the first two confinements, Mr Bricolage stay open here too. And we went there for a few little stuff, which we needed , I was pretty surprised how many shelf was empty . Never seen this before in Mr Bricolage. It was like DDR weeks ( how the Germans call long empty shelfs in stores ) LOL Seems to me people buy the most silly stuff during catastrophic times.
But I will not exclude my self here. I could acquire a few new hand bags which was in sale during the first confinement.

Kingfisher could not buy Mr Bricolage. So it belongs as far as I know still the old group.

I see them all here those people who suddenly had the urge need to borrow out neighbors dogs to go for a walk or run with them. :laugh:
Talking about dogs. The pet shop was incredible too. Crowded with people who stockpile for their animals any kind of stuff. Food, treats, toys, new lashes , harness . And here again, I was not better. My big friend got a new set of new harness , I bought me a new set of harness for hiking with him too . But they was in sale and looked way better than what i had at home. :laugh:
My husband was like "Ma Chérie , we are locked up .:cautious:

Yes, people....LOL

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
Right now only trucks can pass on the smaller streets, a lot of normal size cars got stuck yesterday, my husband is back home right now, nobody make it to the job side.
The snow here is now full gone, was really very heavy. My husband had to walk to his work two times, because to much snow and ice.
Here, in front of the house where a little park is . And Maiko is not small.
Ignore his eyes, he just witnessed a cat :whistling:

Attachments

• Maiko snow small.jpg
    Maiko snow small.jpg
    401.4 KB · Views: 105

DanaTA

Distinguished
Why would you want more ice during a Winter storm? LOL This would be the last thing I would want when a Blizzard is coming.
I really can not get this weird behavior .Stocking up ressources , yes, food, candles, matches etc..but toilet paper, Paint, Ice?
Well, if the power goes out and is out for more than an hour or two, they might want to pack it in their freezer so it stays cold and things don't thaw out and go bad.

Dana

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
Well, if the power goes out and is out for more than an hour or two, they might want to pack it in their freezer so it stays cold and things don't thaw out and go bad.

Dana
But when it is a snow storm you have snow to keep your stuff cool.
And usually freezer stay longer than 1-2 hours frozen. You just have to stay away from them and don't open it every 10 minutes.

DanaTA

Distinguished
You wondered why, and I offered a possible answer. Are you going to bring snow into your house? I don't think so. In bad weather, sometimes whole cities are without power for six, eight, twenty four hours sometimes.

Dana

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
You wondered why, and I offered a possible answer. Are you going to bring snow into your house? I don't think so. In bad weather, sometimes whole cities are without power for six, eight, twenty four hours sometimes.

Dana
Honestly if I would have to, I would. We have here in Europe no Ice cubes in supermarkets. They try to implement it, but to no success.
Also here we have not often power down .Most of the cables are underground. The last one we had just during the big snow 2 weeks ago, but it was because high peak with heater, charging cars , etc..and it last only 30 minutes. And we miss one Nuclear reactor which get shut down to replace it with wind turbines. But when you read @McGyver , he also talk about buying frozen stuff.
Also, people cleaned out all the ice cream, all the popular frozen vegetables and frozen pre-made dinners..
So makes no sense at all .

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I wouldn't bring Philadelphia snow into my home! Nor would it be advisable to store refrigerated or frozen food outside in the snow. While I could do that, the food would likely no longer be there when I went to retrieve it. It would also be a bit impractical to run outside every time I needed milk, orange juice, creamer for my chai, or food since I live on the 10th floor.

It can take 2 or 3 days, not hours, to have power restored after massive power outages from winter storms.

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
I wouldn't bring Philadelphia snow into my home! Nor would it be advisable to store refrigerated or frozen food outside in the snow. While I could do that, the food would likely no longer be there when I went to retrieve it. It would also be a bit impractical to run outside every time I needed milk, orange juice, creamer for my chai, or food since I live on the 10th floor.

It can take 2 or 3 days, not hours, to have power restored after massive power outages from winter storms.
I am not common with US outrages to be honest. The longest I witnessed was very long time ago, my time as student. But it was a summer storm .We had 3 days no electricity. Was really hard. The whole neighborhood organize Barbecue because of the frozen food. Was fun actually .Okay my mama find it less fun, but as student I enjoy it. LOL

DanaTA

Distinguished
Honestly if I would have to, I would. We have here in Europe no Ice cubes in supermarkets. They try to implement it, but to no success.
Also here we have not often power down .Most of the cables are underground. The last one we had just during the big snow 2 weeks ago, but it was because high peak with heater, charging cars , etc..and it last only 30 minutes. And we miss one Nuclear reactor which get shut down to replace it with wind turbines. But when you read @McGyver , he also talk about buying frozen stuff.

So makes no sense at all .
Well, yeah, the ice cream makes no sense. It would get soft, then would turn to flavored milk. Unless they think they'll have nothing else to do but eat ice cream! :D

Dana

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist

Dana
I did it once when we had Hurricane Sandy and without power for a week, you need dry ice to keep your freezer at the proper temperature, regular ice only works when used in refrigerator as it's freezing point is not enough to keep anything frozen. So mostly people buy ice for the refrigerator to keep their milk fresh.

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
The snow here is now full gone, was really very heavy. My husband had to walk to his work two times, because to much snow and ice.
Here, in front of the house where a little park is . And Maiko is not small.
Ignore his eyes, he just witnessed a cat :whistling:
Maiko is very cute! The eyes just made this shot priceless lol

DanaTA

Distinguished
The mallards are cool! We get them at the pond across the street sometimes. And the Canada Geese. Sometimes Great Blue Heron, too. And once I spotted a Belted Kingfisher!

Dana

McGyver

Energetic
Now I’m picturing a Kingfisher with one of those huge ornate boxing championship belts... or those big belts Elvis would wear... The Elvis image works because it’s easy to picture them with the sideburns.

Fun useless triva about the Belted Kingfisher...

Apparently, in Greek mythology there was a husband and wife (Alcyone and Ceyx) who went around saying in jest they were Zeus and Hera...
Zeus being the fun loving guy that he was, who could always appreciate a good joke, killed Ceyx with a thunderbolt while he was at sea.
Alcyone upon hearing of his demise, threw herself into the sea and drowned, because apparently no one in Ancient Greece ever knew how to swim unless it was important to the plot of a story... Fortunately the other gods were like “Jeez, Z... take a friggin’ chill pill“ so out of sympathy they turned the two into seabirds (Kingfishers) and granted them 14 days of good weather each year when they could nest and raise their young... the term “Halcyon Days” a moniker for “Good Old Days” comes from the name of the mythical Halcyons (Alcyons/kingfishers).
To this day, some kingfishers (such as the Belted Kingfisher “Megaceryle alcyon”) still bear ”Alcyone” in their scientific name.

And thanks to my years of nonsense, nobody (and rightfully so) probably believes any of that... in fact both me and DanaTA made up “Kingfishers” who don’t actually exist except for pair of Bostonian pigeons who go by that name because they often drink the Indian beer, “Kingfisher brand“ in front of a tandoori restaurant in Cambridge... and technically they don’t really count because they’ll drink Taj Mahal lager too.