• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Tina T for Dawn & Tommy T for Dusk - Anime type figures

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh right. I was thinking of one of his promos, and it's a morph/pose of his fingers in the pockets of his jeans. I just had to look at his product page in the store to remember.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Looking Sweet!! =) ....... Oh you can do that with taking a bunch of morphs and just making one........that might be worth looking into! The face looks really nice. I specially like the lips! They are good manly lips with just the right amount of curve and cupid's bow!

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Oh right. I was thinking of one of his promos, and it's a morph/pose of his fingers in the pockets of his jeans. I just had to look at his product page in the store to remember.
Yea, the whole issue with "thumb hanging off of the pocket" is that different folks make their pants higher and lower so I had the original pose with the arm bent to fit my SuperShorts to hook onto the belt but then these pants from 3DU were lower so then I adjusted it and it's still not quite right. LMAO Oh well.

Thanks folks! Yea, I'm quite pleased how Tommy and Tina are looking these days. I still need to do the JCM for Tina's eyes.

Paul's tutorial on using "in house" morphs to make a shape that can actually be dialed up, I'll share it here:

Hi Richard,
This is simple to do in DS. Make sure your dials are in edit mode. With the body selected, Turn on all the required morphs and erc freeze. Then create a new dial and hit accept. Right click on the new dial and select the dial in the hierarchy. Expand the options for that dial and then change save with to controller, not sub components. Save your dial as a morph asset and you are done. All you have to do is include just this dial in your product. You can convert this to a poser ink file for this dial as well.

Thanks,
Paul

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Got my 3DL settings on the go for Tommy finally. Figured out how to make his forehead jewel glow using an Ambient mask too. Kinda cool. 3DL does not suck for sure but I still love iRAY more for so many reasons! But I'm glad that I'm getting all this figured out and improved as I go along. Once Tommy and Tina are in the store then it's back to getting Bruno and Bruna ready for prime time and with I've learned hopefully it won't be another year! lmao

Face-Mask-Blue-Promo.jpg

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
My main beta testers lives in Texas so you can imagine all she and her family are going through right now. She did give me great feedback on some areas of the maps for Tina that were in need of some more TLC so I fixed those up in ZBrush (Yup, finally have a pretty good work flow developing in that program since all others leave me feeling more confused... I was hoping 3DCoat would be the solution but as it turns out ZBrush saved the day actually) then got really creative and added in a BUNCH of needed detail to her maps so that's done too....) Tommy isn't uploaded to her yet as I want just feedback on the one pack right now but she's still recovering from the storm that hit there. She and her family are OK, THANK the Goddess.

Tina Updated Skin.jpg

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Glad you found it, that was my next thing to give you the thread link. I've been working on them for about a year now or more....

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
They are talking about how excited they are about their coming out finally.... might be a little while longer but getting there.

Here I have the Training Gear set converted over to Dusk and to Tommy and added in some detail morphs from the original outfit which works just fine for Tommy. May have to add in a few "elongate" morphs to the top for him as it does ride up a bit but then he's a guy, guys don't care that much! lmao

Tina & Tommy Converse.jpg

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Thanks so much Desertsilver. I wanted to away from the default faces of Dusk and Dawn so worked really hard to get the faces quite different. The body shapes are mostly created using the Hivewire in house morphs so those will be a requirement but Tommy has some "finishing" morphs I had to do in ZBrush for his body since I couldn't achieve those with his Hivewire in house morphs. There will be a "Full Load" file for both characters so they will load up with all the morphs dialed up and then there will be a Skin Base option to just load the skin for both iRAY and 3DL so if you have a preferred morph or just want to use the skin and all it's options on Dusk and Dawn that's possible too.

Thanks for stopping by! :)