• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Tina T for Dawn & Tommy T for Dusk - Anime type figures

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Thanks so much gals. Coming along. Got the boots morphs done (wrinkles, super suit fit, top pointed and boot stylized (basically makes it a more chunkier boot). Also went over the main suit and got the arms, legs and neck more tightly fitted.

One thing to note when testing is that the "Everyday Poses" for Dawn (or Dusk) are supposed to be used to test for poke throughs. Yup, there is more than one reason why we get a set of poses with our figures, regardless of who makes them. So far all the Everyday poses work pretty much perfectly with the suit. Good sign I did this one right! lol The above post with Tina Hero is one of the Everyday Poses

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Sorry this is taking so long folks. After my room mate moved in and got settled I had every intention of getting back to work on this but life got in the way once more. So today I finished up the iRay settings for Tina. Tommy is next and then on to the 3Delight settings, which I'm HOPING won't be a total nose bleed and then send these out to my testers and on to Alisa and the store. Should only be another 6 months or so! lmao

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I think folks will like these characters. Been slowly perfecting my ability to produce nice iRay effects... you know, your used to one rendering engine then BAM... new rendering engine is thrown into the mix. LOL Old brain, slow going and of course life stuff and work to pay the bills takes up time too!

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Got the settings completed for Tina and now beginning work on Tommy. Here is Dusk wearing Tommy's skin and yes that's the Training Gear (with a new tank) refitted for Dusk with new styling morphs created. Tank is UV'd to look like something you would buy from the store. Wearing my Devo stylized hair for Dusk, not released yet either.

Dusk Training Gear.jpg

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Thanks folks. The new tank top has two "tuck in morphs". The one you see above is the second one for a more sloppy look that works in conjunction with the pants morphs. Like how these came out. A little more dynamic looking rather than a skin tight tuck in morph. The first has a little blousing too at the edges to try to move away from the skin tight thing too. Amazing when you stop for a while (health and work) and the come back to it seems easier but then again there are still the issues with rigging and all that.

I'm SO SO thankful for the Dusk projection templates, I'm so pleased that Paul got those too us! Saved me some aggravation. The one thing I'd change or add is that I don't often do my shoe auto rigging separately so love to see a singular footwear template and also a head template for things like hair, masks and beards.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Thanks to Paul for his info on how to create a single dialed morph from many "In House" morphs to create the base for Tommy's body shape. I then took him into ZBrush and created the extra shaping and brought that into DS and used the Reverse Deformations option to only use what was necessary. Fixed the Tommy Face up a bit more too. So there are some good options for Tommy. With using my Tommy shape he's quite muscular, with using the mix of the dials and my shape enhancer he's more toonish and then the head is dialed in separately, there is even a Toon Teeth option. All I really did with that was just make all the teeth about the same size and smoothed them out a bit more so at a distance it looks more toonish but up close they look pretty much like perfectly straight teeth! lol

He's wearing the fabulous set by 3D Universe for his Axel character which gives Tommy a more polished look in this little promo ..

TommyT - Body Updated.jpg

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Thanks but no, it's one of mine. I don't even know if Axel has a set of poses. I know that Willow has a nice set that I like using from time to time.