• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

This Ain't Rocket Science...and I can prove it.

David

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
At least I hope so. :)

This Ain't Rocket Science (my new store name) may be a bit of a mouthful, but it sort of sums up my whole modeling, mapping, rigging, texturing experience. Once I got my head around it, I realized, 'This Ain't Rocket Science'. It was all a mystery and now...it's not. This doesn't mean I know everything, it just means that now I know where to look for the answers.

Anyway, my one and only product (so far), Stryke Angel for Star (formerly at Runtimedna and sold under BBD Designs/booksbydavid) is live here at my new home Hivewire 3D!

Stryke Angel for Star

I'm super excited to be here as a part of the Hivewire family. Stryke Angel is not going to be alone for long. I've got a cute outfit similar to Stryke Angel I'm working on for Cookie, and I've got exciting plans to begin working on for Dawn. I can't wait to get started. :)

David

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
:) Thank you. Once I get more comfortable, I'm planning something similar for Dawn. I've also got a similar design for Cookie coming as well.

Margy

The Margician
Contributing Artist
Awesome to see you here, David! I can highly recommend this outfit for Star, it's excellent.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Yay - so cute. Looking forward to more!!

David

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
Awesome to see you here, David! I can highly recommend this outfit for Star, it's excellent.

And Margy is one of a great group of people who helped me get Stryke Angel in such good shape. Thanks, Margy. :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
:) Thank you. Once I get more comfortable, I'm planning something similar for Dawn. I've also got a similar design for Cookie coming as well.
I look forward to seeing what you create for Dawn. :)

AetherDream

Breathing Life into Characters
Contributing Artist
Your store name is really great! I am very much looking forward to what you have in the works for Dawn!

D

Deleted member 325

Welcome David! It's great to see this migrate to a non-Daz site. I had some anime themed poses inspired by this when it popped up at RDNA...might have to continue working on them now.

Darryl

Adventurous
Really happy to hear someone mention Cookie (and Chip?). I wondered if they might be finally put to rest with the move. I see one Cookie top in the store already so maybe there's life in those old toons after all. It may inspire me to go ahead and try weight mapping them (it's still rocket science to me, lol) because there will probably never be toon figures with as much variety ever created again.

Oh, and welcome to the Hive.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I am assuming that Cookie and Chip may well make the migration to DAZ. I think Littlefox still has some ancient Koshini stuff that is still somewhere in the DAZ catalog. DAZ hasn't been a major site for 'Toons during the time I've been around, but they do carry them. They aren't likely to turn known sellers away.

David

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
Welcome David! It's great to see this migrate to a non-Daz site. I had some anime themed poses inspired by this when it popped up at RDNA...might have to continue working on them now.

That would be great!

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
:yeahthat:

I'd be surprised if Littlefox doesn't bring Cookie & Chip over to DAZ.

We also have a gorgeous set for Cookie from Trumarcar

And I know Karth's got some more things that will migrate here..

Darryl

Adventurous
I really hope that's the case and I'm not making any predictions. Littlefox should carry some kind of clout as a vendor. Still it's a pretty old product and a niche product that may not jibe well with Daz (and their customers) push towards realism. The beauty of the figures were all the add ons; morphs, skins, clothing, furries etc all in one place. Fortunately I've collected a lot of those things over the years but, as much as I like them, I wouldn't be able to add a lot to their bottom line.