• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED The "Scatter Tool" plugin for Poser

parkdalegardener

Adventurous
Yeah; I realized this after the fact last night. It appears in the same space as one of the purple overlap cubes that was deleted when you removed the blue cubes so my pea sized brain didn't clue in at that time.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Example of painting scatter areas directly on a surface to choose where we want things to scatter using Poser's Group Editor. Paint, scatter and render. We can paint an unlimited amount of areas and give each a unique name. They show in the Scatter Tool P12 in the Group list. Then just pick a group and scatter only there. For those who have never used the Group Editor, this will bring a new meaning to it. Scatter precisely where you want.

PaintScatterArea.jpg

On the first beta-testing round, I was asked to increase the scale/positional jitter/height dial ranges to handle scattering over very large areas, like the interior of the Construct, which is huge. If we back off the camera inside the Construct, the figure can look like an ant, so big that it is. I have increased the ranges, and that has pros and cons. It now allows for randomness over large areas, but it also makes it more difficult to make small adjustments when the range is so large.

Another changes made during beta were:

* Tooltips were added. Just hover the mouse over the controls to see a tooltip description.
* We can now see the numeric values of the dials when we move them. The value remains displayed if we move dials with the scroll wheel.
* A new "Help" button was added, which opens up the PDF manual.

Just need more testing with the new dial ranges, and we have a release candidate. Still working on making promos, though.