• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The real cost of living

quietrob

Extraordinary
Many here know I recently underwent heart valve replacement,
now I am in cardiac rehab. ...... I was very lucky, yet late at night when no one is around I let my head drop, damned fool thing to shed tears over really.....
Somehow a like doesn't seem appropriate but an, "I understand" certainly does. Toward the end, I carried my wife to and from the bathroom, cleaned her, tried to pick a fight with her just to get her to respond and more. It's been eighteen months since her passing. I still miss her and I want to turn back time itself so I can have ONE more day of her being clear, lucid, and the love of my life. Life is so hard without her. I'm so lonely without my better half. Yet my brother can no longer walk due to ALS. What right have I to complain when there are people like him still fighting, still alive and still dangerous. Now damn it, you fight too.

Sorry. The tears make it difficult to type.

Now gather your strength and do your best. Give your loves one more day.

Tomorrow, do it again. Give us just one more day of your love and your ways, your bitchiness and kindness. Just one more day and then do it again tomorrow.

I'm tired of losing those I love.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
*Hugs Rob*

Making me cry too.

All of us who have lost a lot of those we love can understand - you'd like to turn back time just for a little more time to be with them.

There is ALWAYS going to be someone with "worse" stuff they are dealing with.

Rather than comparing their struggles to yours and feeling you have no right to feel bad/sad/complai (you DO have the right), use their struggles to help you carry on -"if they can do it, I can, too".

Me195

Extraordinary
As a story teller I can't escape from telling a good story, even if it is my own...lol
If crying is done properly and in private, I still get to play the Hero..See I didn't share this because it is true, didn't share it because I wanted a pity party...I shared it because it is a great story to be shared among friends, don't worry though by the morning I was back in character...I bitched about my breakfast then told the story of how it got so cold on a camp out that in cooking over the camp fire my eggs and bacon freeze dried....
It is an epic struggle. Epic struggles do make the greatest stories. I'll be cheering you on. (I was going to say "I'll be rooting for you" but this is an international forum and I know that means something very different in Australia and probably in a lot of other places that I am unfamiliar with.) I'm also glad to see that your freeze dried humor is recovering nicely as well.

Carey

Extraordinary
Boy, that isa tough one, the best news is I am alive, the worse news is I alone will be the determining factor on how long I live...general rule: if it tastes good, you can't have it and taking stool softener for two days in a row will make you run.....

DanaTA

Distinguished
Boy, that isa tough one, the best news is I am alive, the worse news is I alone will be the determining factor on how long I live...general rule: if it tastes good, you can't have it and taking stool softener for two days in a row will make you run.....

I find that the better something tastes, the worse it is for you. Inverse effect rule.

Dana

Carey

Extraordinary
You know I forgot something, something big....All tied up in what was happening to me and I never stopped to think of and thank all you wonderful people for your caring natures and all the great well wishes....I have been lucky and blessed to have all of you....

Hornet3d

Wise
You know I forgot something, something big....All tied up in what was happening to me and I never stopped to think of and thank all you wonderful people for your caring natures and all the great well wishes....I have been lucky and blessed to have all of you....

You add so much to the community, we care for our own.

Carey

Extraordinary
One thing about hospital time....It goes much slower and you can really have a lot of fun with those alarms that tell on you if you get out over bed. You simply roll over a couple of times and then pretend your dead asleep...not dead dead though. The alarms goes off, nurse comes in and has to figure out how to untangle you with out waking you, but most of the time your stuck listening to people heal and trying to figure out what wine goes best with pizza, red or white? When you get really bored call up and start changing your meal order, do it enough times and they send up a really nice fellow in a white coat to talk to you about your mother.....