• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Birthday Thread!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Uh oh, we missed your birthday Carey? Well, Happy, Happy Belated Birthday Carey! :bday:

Better late than never. ;)

Carey

Extraordinary
near as I can figure I'm 64 as of the 5th of march... Just as I get to knowing enough to be really good at it, I'm too old to do it.....no please don't think it was a happy one as I am not allowed to have one any more.....lol
oh by the way my image is only a few years old, I still do not have any gray hair or baldness, my forty year old son is both gray and going bald, he hates me...lol

Rick

Eager
Happy Birthday to all. I had to of missed them all! Hope your birthdays these past few years have been great ones!!!
iuVE2HO7H0.jpg
:):bday: Keep on creating! :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Hey stranger, long time, no see. ;) I hope you and your family are all OK, and stay safe.

Hornet3d

Wise
Tomorrow is my wife's mothers 90th birthday...Way to go mother and might I add my thanks for having sex all those many years ago..Two of my best friends and a wonderful wife came out your efforts!!!!

Happy Birthday to your mother, I hope she has many more. I saw a news report a few days ago, can't remember where, but it was reporting that a woman of 109 had survived the virus. Some of of our parents were built of really stren stuff.

McG.

Enthusiast
Hello Folks! I'm still alive! Been a while since I stopped by. First, thank you for the Birthday email and points update! Second, I turned 66 on July 1. I also got that economic stimulus about a week before that, and decided it was high time I rebuilt my computer. The "Main 3" was my big concern. Motherboard, CPU and RAM. Those items generally go together, while most other parts/components come along for the ride OK. It was 12 years ago I did this last. Yes, had an old Intel Core 2 Quadcore Q9550 (no hyperthreading), a VERY good Gigabyte Ultra Durable motherboard (GA8-EP45-ds3l) and 8 gigs DDR2 Ram for 12 solid years. That rig has gone through 4 power supply units, some ten hard disks, a few video cards, a box full of mice, keyboards and even three optical rewriters.
The thermal paste has turned into not-so-thermal chalk. The CPU has been overheating while doing very little even. My diabetes went worse, and I have been dealing with that, and it takes more serious attention than my fun stuff.
All spinner HD's are 'retired' now. I have 6 SATA 6 SSD's inside the rig now, along with a Pioneer BluRay re-writer. And I have ONE SATA port open yet. hmm! HMM! ;o)
I chose to go with AMD this time. So, picked a CPU, then finally found a motherboard IN STOCK to go with it, and 64 gigs DDR4 2666 Ram. Using my old warhorse, the BFG 8800GTX OC 768 meg PCIe x16 card. It's 1.5" longer than the motherboard is wide!
CPU is AMD socket AM4 RYZEN 7 3700X octal core (16 hyperthreads!), motherboard I found is an ASUS TuF Gaming PLUS (WiFi) X570. I am still using ordinary air cooling. The CPU came with a Wraith Prism cooling solution. Nice fan with heat pipe arrangement, and LED's, all programmable from the desktop! Yeah I know, I am slow and behind the times. That stuff ain't 'new'.

NOW I can render and the CPU barely even breathes. So, I have been pushing on it. Still not breathing much but IS starting to use a little RAM, up to 18 gigs (out of 64 gigs!) now with 8 Figures(all Gen4) and a backdrop prop. 5000 x 3000 full quality Firefly render, under 2 mins. I like that.
The gang at FantasyAttic picked out a name for it: BadMoonRYZEN!

Miss B

CV-BEE
OMG, I totally forgot today was Seliah's birthday. Thanks for the remind Dana.

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY SELIAH!! :bday: :snoopydance: :bounce: