• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Anchorage, Part 3

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks Miss B and Lorraine.

Of course, the hardest part is going to the shelters/rescues. Since ... I have to go outside of my comfort zone :wink: Now ... why couldn't they just bring a selection of kittens to me :p

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I don't know how I dus it either, Pen, but insanity may be a contributing factor ;) When I wrote it all down it dawned on me that I'd taken leave of my senses AGAIN and said yes to too many people. But hey ho, this too shall pass and January will come around and I'll be back home, peopled out and ready for a holiday. I'll still be hanging around here during my sojourn ashore, Miss B, you can't get rid of me :) And Satira, I fully understand your dislike of leaving home and of public transport...they're not my favourites either.
That's alright we can be insane together...

Yes, here we have Kindergarten for 5 year olds, probably like your Prep, and yes here they take into account when a birthday occurs, or at least they used to when I was a kid. I don't recall if they go by calendar year now-a-days or not. My one friend who was a 3rd grade teacher for many years (8 year olds), retired from teaching years ago before moving out-of-state, so can't ask her if that's still the norm these days, as she probably wouldn't know.
Our cutoff for some reason is the end of April...never could figure out why?

Yay! I talked to the property manager here yesterday. She's waiving the Pet Deposit and the Pet Rent!

Put out your adoptable kittens. Mama is looking for a new baby.
Yay!:happyflip::happyflip::happyflip::grouphug:

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
So, I'm ashore, in charge of a dog, with the puter set up, and ready to play on it till Friday :). We can sure play insanes together, Pen , I'll be back from the Waikato on Tuesday and will be straight back on to the computer :D

The new forum looks very nice in Firefox, most impressive indeed. I shall do some skulking around and check everything out. Sooooooo nice not to be peering at a micro screen :bounce:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Yep...insanes sounds good. Especially if my brain comes out of neutral. So tired...been shifting tables and chairs around the last couple of days. But I now have a beautiful, big classroom for next year. Had a trial run this morning and it's going to be amazing.

Glad the trip ashore went well...

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Looked at my first cats/kittens tonight. It was dark after work (of course) and there was no parking available at the refuge, so I went on to the Pet Valu which is one of the refuge adoption locations. They had 2 adult cats and 2 sibling kittens available there. All four were sound asleep and couldn't be bothered with someone visiting them. The male kitten did wake up longer enough to leave his nest and lay down beside his sister. For a few minutes. Then he went back to his nest.

Apparently, they'd had a rather busy day playing and now were totally exhausted :p

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
double yay!! I've been sitting drinking a cold bottle of moscato...as it's very hot here at the moment...playing witcher.

Lorraine

It's bloody cold here...I've had to steal Joycie's dad's dressing gown and work socks to keep warm...brrrrr! Not sure it will be worthwhile taking my togs to the Waikato tomorrow...I might get hypothermia!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I wish I could send you our heat...high 30's today(supposed to be even higher tomorrow) and of course all the kids gave chocolates today...earlier in the week it was candles. lol...it's been an interesting day and a little bit sad as one of my teaching partners is leaving to go to a new school next year. She started crying, which set me and about 3 others off...it was a real tear fest.

I think I probably mentioned that my teaching partner next year is male. I was told today he's likely to get me into trouble and I don't doubt it for a minute. I think we have a very similar sense of humor so next year should be interesting to say the least...:whistling:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
lol...you can have it...please come and get it! No airconditioning so I came home to find the house was like a sweatbox...

Lorraine

Hard to believe we are only serarated by a big pond and our temps are soooo different. Bonkers!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Too true...did you hear about the tornado that we had in Sydney? Talk about freaky...I remember getting taught at school that tornados were something that other countries had not Australia...