• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Anchorage, Part 3

DanaTA

Distinguished
Ahoy, mateys...it be International Talk Like A Pirate Day! Avast, I have been forgetting about it all day! Arrrrr!

Dana

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Hi Terre! Everything is sweet here. The sun is out, the skies are clear and the little person is back from her journey into the wilderness. (i.e. That's anywhere more than 100 metres from a shop!). We haven't had a full account of her exploits so far because she was still buzzing when she got home but apparently the tent was quite comfortable with three young ladies in it but got a bit crowded with six! o_O I have to repack it later because judging by the lumps and bumps in the sack there might just be one of them still in there! Interestingly enough, given that she was so hopped about getting home, shes now flaked out on the settee snoring her little noggin off! Sheesh! At least that gives me a quiet afternoon playing with all this lovely new Poser content! :)

PS: Avast ye landlubbers and twoggle me spondles! Spladge yer gibblets and dashed if I ain't got woodworm in me ol' peg leg! Errr! Hang on! I b'aint got a peg leg! Why be you a lookin'at me with a bonesaw in yer hand then?.....................................Scarper!!!!!! Yarroo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
OK! I've got a question for you all. Lucy went to Sunday school today where amongst other stuff they were told about Adam and Eve and the Garden of Eden, which has prompted some discussion amongst her and her mates. Anyway, rather than get into matters of theology and other esoteric things I'm going to throw her question open to discussion, so here goes:

Question: Did Adam and Eve have belly buttons?

I await your answers with bated breath (while keeping one cautious eye on the skies for random thunderbolts)!

DanaTA

Distinguished
Well, if they were truly the first, I'd have to say no, since we know what causes a belly button...going with the general teaching in question.

Dana

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
I'm afraid of asking Miss B. Knowing that bunch they would probably have ten different answers each one more confusing than the last. Anyway, I'm still trying to figure out which one of them left a My Little Pony sock in the tent! :confused:

DanaTA

Distinguished
It was questions like that that got me booted out of sunday school lol

It's my opinion that if the Sunday School teachers can't handle a question like that any other way than evicting the one who asked it, they don't have much strength of conviction in their faith. A problem I've seen over and over for many decades!

Dana

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
It's my opinion that if the Sunday School teachers can't handle a question like that any other way than evicting the one who asked it, they don't have much strength of conviction in their faith. A problem I've seen over and over for many decades!

Dana
I think it was more they did not know what to do with or want a small child who could think critically and asked questions that made everyone else stop and think too rather than just accepting everything blindly like they wanted

DanaTA

Distinguished
That's just it, though. Without the conviction of their own faith, they must quash any possibility of others questioning. It's a typical, and long practiced, tactic.

Dana

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
OK! Time to forget I asked before it gets too silly people. Apologies for asking the question in the first place but I believe it's important to be able to poke fun at all our established mores without it descending into chaos, and if we can't do that without forcing our own opinions (which in itself is a form of repression) its time to let it slide and remember that we are all different. That's what diversity really means, especially when it comes with a healthy dose of humour! For what its worth, the reason they asked was that they were shown an illustration of Adam and Eve which was a reproduction of a Medieval woodcut and, rather interestingly to my mind, both were somewhat, very clearly, lacking in the belly button area. I can well imagine why some kids, especially 6 and 7 year-olds would find that confusing. What I find confusing is that some people can't accept that there is a lighter side to life!

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhh, they were looking at woodcut reproductions. I was wondering why they would even be looking at graphic reproductions, which probably would have them, but for woodcuts, not so much, because they're tiny and would probably look strange. I have a friend who's ex-hubby does woodcuts, though I don't think he's ever done Adam and Eve.

DanaTA

Distinguished
There could be a reason other than they're tiny. It could have been a taboo thing back then. In fact, showing the belly button was taboo in our society even in the early 1960s. They made the costume for Barbara Eden to cover hers up. I think they eventually changed that, but I can't remember for sure. Today, we find that silly. Things change.

Dana

McGyver

Energetic
Please excuse this intrusion... I needed to test whether my iPad can upload images...
Sorry if it’s too big an image... it won’t let me change from “Full Image”...
D6BD27B2-11C2-47B5-9D61-2728B3640711.jpeg