• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Anchorage, Part 3

DanaTA

Distinguished
Early evening! So-so. At least it was a nice day. Grass is dried, no rain, so tomorrow I'll probably mow the grass for the first time this season.

Dana

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Ah joy and rapture, tis the weekend a time of relaxing to the sweet sounds of dufdufduf and boomboomboom from those kind souls who feel the need to share with those unable to afford ear blowing sound systems :somad:

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Know just what you mean Dreamer. I used to live next door to a couple like that who ignored repeated requests to calm it a little. Fortunately, daughter Amanda came up with a solution in the form of a CD of whale song interspersed with appropriate 'Whaley'-type New Age music. 80-watt speakers tight up against the shared wall with said CD on repeat at high volume before we left for the day solved that little problem eventually. :devil"

Terre

Renowned
Good morning. :)
most of our boomboomboom problems drive by instead of staying. We've had some in the past though that needed to be acted upon.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm a long block off the main thoroughfare here, so I don't hear much in the way of traffic, unless it's a police car, fire engine, or ambulance, the latter being the ones I hear most often, because there's a nursing home across the street. Even then, it's not that often.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Know just what you mean Dreamer. I used to live next door to a couple like that who ignored repeated requests to calm it a little. Fortunately, daughter Amanda came up with a solution in the form of a CD of whale song interspersed with appropriate 'Whaley'-type New Age music. 80-watt speakers tight up against the shared wall with said CD on repeat at high volume before we left for the day solved that little problem eventually. :devil"
Went to bed and tried to ignore it as best I could till I woke from a fitfull doze at 1.30isham :eek: and called noise control, got told it could take upto 2 hours for them to get to me as being friday night it was busy. Any it finally went quite round 3ish but it wasn't till somewhere between 4 and 5 I managed to get back to sleep. I have now been up for about half an hour but might go nap later :sleep:
No shared wall or I might well do something like that though I was thinking more along the lines of a very long, loud and slight obnoxious opera :p

Camping...that's where when you get a huge tax rebate and decide to go down the pub to share your luck with friends.

On the way you bump into the sister of a girl you really fancy.
Hoping she'll put a good word for you, when she suggests a trip out to a country bar, you don't refuse.
It's a beautiful summers night, the beer feels freely and you miss your last train home.
So she suggests staying at a nearby campsite.

As you walk down a dark lane, she slips and falls over into a muddy puddle.
That's when your booze addled brain finally realises 2 things...
She likes you and she likes mud.

Actually that should be 3 things, but you forget the 3rd is the campsite is usually used by large groups of boy scouts.
Who, walk around the corner just as she decides to show you just how much she likes mud :)

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
This has been a worse year than usual with noisy St Joe college students playing music beginning late in the evening. Usually, about 11 pm, long after the official "quiet time."

Still, it's not as bad as the year a student from Kuwait lived next door. She turned her music on the minute she was awake or she walked in the door and didn't turn it off until she left the apartment or went to bed. I've lived here since 2006, and this was the first time I'd been bothered by anyone living in that apartment. She had the music so loud and the bass set so high you could hear it as soon as you stepped off the elevator at the other end of the hallway. That would be half a block away. Seriously?!? She received multiple lease violation warnings which she completely ignored. Spoiled rich brat? Fortunately, she left after two years.

Now that the school year has ended most St Joe students have moved back home ... where they can annoy their parents. But last night one of the apartments near me thought 1 am was a good time to begin a party. 1 am is NOT the time to start a loud party. Fortunately, I was tired enough that I fell asleep despite the loud music. Hopefully, one day these kids learn one should live in a way that does not adversely impact neighbors. But, I won't hold my breath!

Then, someone's guest thought it would be cool to pull the fire alarm at 2:45 am Wednesday night. Fortunately, I'd been awake for about a half hour before that so it wasn't quite as terrifying as when the air raid siren wakes me up from a deep sleep. Also fortunately, Tsuki had been asleep on her cat perch near me, and rather than bolting, she froze in place. So I was able to get her into her carrier quickly. It took the firemen a good half hour or more to check the building and turn off the fire alarms.

Of course, by then, there was no going back to sleep, so I decided to have a cup of chai. I was just beginning to fix it when the alarm went off again. Tsuki had accompanied me into the kitchen, so she bolted the minute the alarm went off. This time ... straight up into the air and to the top of the cabinets. No getting her this time. As I learned this afternoon, same woman again pulled the fire alarm. We have security cameras all over the building so she was recorded pulling the alarm both times.

This time it took the fire department less time to turn the alarm off. But it was still at least 15 minutes. But, another few minutes later, the alarm went off again. Apparently, that time it was the fire department who set off the alarm accidentally.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
@Satira Capriccio sounds like an eventfull few days, its things like this that make stay well away from apartment living. At lest being in a free standing house there are less ways for the neighbours to irritate me

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
In my opinion, the disadvantages of living in an apartment certainly outweigh the advantages! Yeah, I like not having to do maintenance, replace a dying/dead appliance, or mow a lawn. But, I miss having a yard and garden. I also miss the privacy of living in a house.

The security here is better than many other apartments, but living in an apartment means you're dependent on someone else controlling your security.

Terre

Renowned
Today's part of my mother's visit here started with a dead battery and a call to USAA roadside services. That got taken care of in less than an hour. Then we went to the zoo in Clovis and half way through the threatened thunderstorms started. They have turned everything around at that zoo since the last time we were there and we ended up at the back of the zoo trying to find the way out and ended up being given a ride in the downpour by a part employee. Had lunch at the Cotton Patch Cafe then headed back to the park to play a game she found called Sewquence. It's kind of a playing card relative of tic tac toe.
Finally home for the night. I'll be spending Monday with her and then she'll head back to Phoenix Tuesday.

Terre

Renowned
Good afternoon. Most of the day was pleasant.
One sad note was finally finding out when the funeral for a long time co-worker will be. Even though it's been a week since he passed (last Wednesday just a couple of hours after work) it still doesn't seem real to not see him at work on truck days.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Sorry for your loss. It usually takes a while to realize the reality of a loss when it's someone you saw almost every day. I still miss my best friend, Pete.

Dana