• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Anchorage, Part 3

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'm a fur mum too Terre lol (cat and dog)

Happy Mothers Day to the rest of you (even tho it was yesterday lol)

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Morning and Happy Mothers Day to everyone.
I think @Lorraine sent her wild weather down to us last night as there was quite a storm going when I went to bed and this morning when I looked out the kitchen window I found we had had a very close call with a rather large tree.
It was standing just over the fence in the next yard but now it has come down and just grazed the neighbors deck, if it had come the other way it would be in my kitchen/dining :eek:

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Very Rae, its was the only tree close enough to have been a worry, (if I had thought about it lol), and now its down with no real damage

Terre

Renowned
Glad to hear that came out OK, Dreamer.

Meanwhile :
Interesting developments on my mother's end.
She says this is a special Mother's Day for her. The arboretum she volunteers at has a technical botanical publication they put out and were going to have to drop due to no money for salaries. My mother and another volunteer have now become the co-editors of it. She is happily looking forward to learning how to do stuff with Adobe InDesign.
She also sent an email of a slide she and my dad had taken at the Gallup Inter-tribal gathering in 1961. The colors are all washed out to sepia but the photo is of historical interest. It shows many Navajo arriving by covered wagon. LOTS of two horse wagons that look like small Conestogas. She says that in '83 when she was there because she was working for the Indian Health Service everyone was using pickups.
She had a friend suggest she submit it to a publisher or magazine but had no clue who to send it to. I suggested New Mexico Magazine as she did say it was Gallup and they may be interested in it for historical purposes. We'll see what comes of that.

Terre

Renowned
How many people who are just a few days away from turning 78 view learning new software as something to look forward to? Not enough I think. I'm glad to see her looking forward to this.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
She's only about 2 1/2 years ahead of me, and I'm ALWAYS looking to learn something new. It's what keeps the old brain cells working longer. ;)

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Hey all! That wild and woolly weather calmed that night (went south didn’t it, blew over a tree at Dreamer’s didn’t it) and I spent a calm and quiet night all ready for the southerly buster that blew in yesterday. I had to go ashore and I surfed! down to the dock! What a ride. Once again it calmed down and I had a chilly ride home to my bed at 8.30pm. Sky was AMAZING! And it’s even more so down south tonight with the Aurora Australis getting Southlanders excited. I am going to see that one day, you just watch me.

Very impressed with your mum, Terre!

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Strange! Why have I got this vision in my head of people on a beach, staring in awe as Lorraine, clad in orange swimsuit steers her mini-dingy down the crest of a fifty-foot roller while the theme from Baywatch plays in the background? o_O
I really will have to stop doing out in the sun without a hat, you know! :eek:

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Myth, you funny!! No orange swimsuits aboard this vessel but several pairs of flowery jobs ;) And I do wear them in the dinghy...I put them on under my wet weather gear when I empty all the rain out.

That southerly has hung around for a few days and I’m back to having a fire. Time to turn it off and crawl into my cosy bed :inverted: