• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Anchorage, Part 3

DanaTA

Distinguished
@DanaTA you were very lucky...wiring is something that should always be done by a professional.

All I did was disconnect the old lamps and connect the new ones. The wiring that was cut/cracked was part of the old fixture. No need for a pro for that job. I do have one or two things that I need to get an electrician in here for, though.

Dana

DanaTA

Distinguished
A few years ago, I replaced the range hood. We had the contractor's cheap one, white. We got a nice range that is stainless steel and black. The cheap, white, hood looked out of place. I got one that is stainless steel. Much nicer unit, too. Did the work by myself. Never again! I was on my back on top of the range pushing it up and holding it in place, until I got a piece of 2x4 to prop it up while I did the screws. That thing was really heavy! Didn't burn the house down! That was more work than the ceiling fixtures. By the way, each time, I shut the circuit off before doing the work. I'm not that stupid! :laugh:

Dana

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Howdy folks, and hello from down here. MIA again I’m sorry. New meds and I’m 14 days into a run of perky. I’ve been spending an hour or two each day on my computer and enjoying doing some creating. The weather has cooled down as autumn southerlies blow day after day, though we are having sunny days, and the fire will be lit for the first time this week.

1581168E-E05D-47B7-8EE9-09FFC23034FD.jpeg

Midday today from the foredeck

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Ahoy there captain, love the view. I have not forgotten about your charger, had just put it in a "safe place" will try not to do that again before I can get to the post shop

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I absolutely could live on a boat (or houseboat) full time!

I think I'd even manage to live in a houseboat like the Dubai Floating Seahorse ... as long as one was actually safe to live in. They aren't designed to withstand rough seas.
upload_2019-4-14_10-40-36.png

Jet Capsule's Unidentified Floating Object houseboat might be a bit more realistic. It at least is designed for open water.

upload_2019-4-14_10-55-5.png

However, I draw the line at a house like this! No. No, and No.
upload_2019-4-14_10-23-42.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I like the look of the Dubai Floating Seahorse, and that "garden" outside the lower level would make quite a view for sure. ;)

The last one wouldn't be my type of house either, though the ultra modern style wouldn't bother me if it was actually on land, instead of hanging out from a sky high mountain. ~shudder~

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Hi Lorraine! I don't suppose you would consider swapping that view for ours, would you? With the tide out we have a lovely view of acres of beautiful brown mud. With it in we have a lovely view of acres of brown muddy water! Mind you! We've got boats as well so I suppose it evens out.
It sounds weird to hear about those Autumn southerlies just as we are moving into summer here, and from all accounts it's going to be a warm one. Perhaps we could send you some? Say the word and I shall send Lucy out with a large Jiffy bag. Anyway! 'Nuff said! As the Moody Blues sang, "Lovely to see you again my friend!". Big 'normous hugs!