• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Anchorage, Part 3

Terre

Renowned
Jim's comment watching the first part of the video was "I'm going to try to be smarter than the woman." "I can see disaster looming with this plan."

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Morning Terre! Bright and sunny here for a change. That plus the fact that I can hear the kids at our Lucy's school out in the playground (it sounds like a thousand air-raid sirens going off all at once and its nearly a quarter mile away! :eek:) means spring is heading this way at last!

DanaTA

Distinguished
Good afternoon, just barely. Sounds like a bunch of happy kids! Unless they're under attack. You can't tell, sometimes. There's a pond across the street from my house. I always look when I here screaming.

Dana

DanaTA

Distinguished
The kids go out on the ice when it isn't that thick, and they swim in there in the summer. It's not stream-fed. It's a still pond. Used to be a retention pond, for emergency water when the development was under construction. It developed a life and has been protected, according to what I was told. In fact, soon we should be hearing the frogs come to life. They get really loud in the beginning of the Spring. Then they calm down a bit. Two types of frogs, some that "chirp" and bullfrogs. And turtles. And fish. Someone told me that somebody stocked the pond years back. I don't know much about fish, there are some catfish, and another type that fishers like...don't know if it's trout or what. The catfish are big. When I first moved here, there was a lot of water that first summer. There was a sapling that was in the water. A catfish bumped into it...and it shook! I've seen Canada Geese there, Mallards, Great Egrets (Snowy Egrets?), and Great Blue Heron. One year, I saw a Belted Kingfisher up on the wires, then suddenly dive into the pond and get a fish. It was cool.

Dana

DanaTA

Distinguished
The frogs have started. Diane said there were some chirping when she came in tonight. Not too many yet, but it won't be long. It gets really loud for a while!

Dana

DanaTA

Distinguished
Well, late start afternoon. But pretty good, I guess. It snowed overnight, but it's all melted already.

Dana

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
If you're into blues you'll probably be familiar with Joe Bonamassa (and if you're not you should be). Just to let you know that Joe has a free 12-track album download at his site here: Home - Joe Bonamassa
All the tracks are from previous albums up to and including the latest one 'Redemption'., but if you want an intro to his music it doesn't come better than this...and its free!

DanaTA

Distinguished
Oh, Joe has bunches of videos on YouTube, many are from live performances, some are from recent studio videos. All are great. Plus there are some collaborations, or maybe I should say All Star Jams. Plus, he introduces other artists that he likes in his newsletters, some who are touring with him on his Keeping the Blues Alive cruises.

That did not work out well, by the way. And why is it not actually his site. I think some malicious person just got my email address! jradventures? That's not Joe Bonomassa! And the link didn't even work. I was suspicious when I had to go to a website, then get an email sent, which had a link to another website. I should have stopped long before that last step. I guess I'm slowing down. :(

Dana

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
I’m well aware that Joe has a bunch of videos on YouTube, plus his jam sessions, plus his newsletters (which I receive on a regular basis from www.jbonamassa.com!). I’m also aware of his Keeping the Blues Alive Cruises. In fact, I’ve posted some of them in my Music from the Hive Thread here on Hivewire as you are no doubt aware! The reason I made my post is that not everyone may be as familiar with his work as you apparently are and a free album is a good introduction.

I’m sorry the link did not work for you, however, I would like to correct a few incorrect assumptions you have made. The link I supplied (www.jbonamassa.com) is Joe Bonamassa’s official website. It’s one I visit on a regular basis and occasionally make purchases from. In fact, I’ve just purchased and downloaded Reese Wynan’s new album, Sweet Release. It’s also the site where I make donations to Joe’s Keeping the Blues Alive educational foundation. In each case, the free album, Reese Wynan’s album and the $25 donation I made to the foundation were handled by jradventures who are responsible for all commercial transactions on the site. As an example, when you make a purchase from Renderosity your payment is made to Bondware which handles all commercial transactions for Renderosity. Should we now hold Renderosity (or Bondware) guilty of malicious intent? I hardly think so! As I said, I’m sorry the link didn’t work for you and I have already informed the site that the link is down having tested it on my daughters PC and got the same result. I also tried it on my own laptop (on which I made the original download) and was informed they’d already sent the download link which they had. If anyone would like to try again later the tracklist on the free album is:

I Know Where I Belong, Mountain Time, The River, Bridge To Better Days, One Of These Days, The Ballad Of John Henry, Blue And Evil, Dust Bowl, Driving Towards The Daylight, Slow Train, Different Shades Of Blue, Drive, Redemption.

Perhaps in future should any link I post prove to be unobtainable (and I would point out here that I always test them before posting) a PM may be more in order rather than jumping to knee-jerk conclusions and wrong assumptions? That never reflects well on anyone!

Last edited:

DanaTA

Distinguished
I was just voicing my concern about it, especially since the link didn't work. But I've looked and already have that download, except Redemption isn't in there. The last one is Drive.

I apologize for my misconception. I will keep things to myself in the future, to avoid such issues.

Dana

DanaTA

Distinguished
In fact, I’ve posted some of them in my Music from the Hive Thread here on Hivewire as you are no doubt aware!

By the way, I was not aware. I haven't been posting here for that long, and haven't gone back and read all the posts in every thread.

Dana