• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Superhero for Dawn

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@sanbie Thanks! I like the bottom one too. ^^

@Miss B A transmap over a transmap? The maps are all 4K, but they only take about 100KB each, so I could include both, and maybe add presets for with and without the leggings. :) I actually have a Wacom tablet, but it kills all remaining desk space. I can usually do all the ZB work with just a mouse, but it kills my wrist. ;p

@Rae134 :thankyou2:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhhhh, duuuuuh! :headdesk: You did the whole thing as a transmap for the full suit! Sorry I wasn't thinking.

Yes, including both would be nice. ;)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Ohhhhh, duuuuuh! :headdesk: You did the whole thing as a transmap for the full suit! Sorry I wasn't thinking.
Yes, including both would be nice. ;)

The suit is a single piece, so each variation is also a single map. Although the maps are 4K, transmaps are small, so adding more doesn't bloat the project much. But a transmap over a transmap can be done with the powerful Poser shader nodes. I can actually stack as many as I want by multiplying them. But if I have to create another 4K map for it, I could as well just keep both versions. ^^

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhh, didn't realized you could use multiple transmaps in Poser. Yeah, I'd go with both versions. Why would you want all that extra work with another huge map.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I think we can now multiply maps in DS too, but I haven't taken the time to learn the relatively new Shader Builder yet. Poser shader nodes are pretty high-level and simple to use. Conversely, Shader Builder is rather low-level, based on the Pixar Renderman shader architecture, so there is a learning curve and the node diagrams can get complex. It also doesn't help that the bricks look huge in the DS interface, so we can only see a small portion of what we are doing at a time. We can zoom out, but then the nodes become unreadable. I guess it's not for everyone.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
You can use more than one black and white map in shadermixer as masks...I did it when I was playing with the eye and lip makeup masks.

I like all of them too Ken! Too hard to choose.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thanks, Pen! There are 8 combination options now.

Transmaps.jpg

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Oh these are great Ken! Nice stuff there. Great product you have. Love all the options. Well done friend!!!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Now putting it all together with a different color set. Since the heavy work is done with the normal and transparency maps, this leaves me free to apply any colors I like straight from the color swatch.

NewMats.jpg

Last edited:

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thank you, I have improved the cape rigging in this last image. The part that goes over the shoulders makes it a bit more complicated, but I think it looks better now. ^^

Will try normal maps for the boots and gloves next.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Normal map for the boots. The right leg UVW normals get flipped and I have to figure out how to fix that, but the normal map is done. ^^;

TestNormal2.jpg