• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Stay Home - Spread Hope Render Challenge

Wizzard

Brilliant
Count Draculas to all winners and participents. We got to see a lot of amazing art, and even try our hands on it.
Thankye all muchly.
Cheers

Shanarah

Admirable
Just wanted to share the last one I was working on before the end of May. Thank you all again for the awesome items! I hope to get to use all of them at some point as I have so many ideas for them.

Mermay 2020

The Hivewire Cat has got himself a new friend to bring him his favorite food!

Used Molar Island, Hivewire House Cat, Flower Fountain and Birdbath, Pansy, and Daylily.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Very nice Shanarah. I look forward to seeing what other ideas you come up with. :D

BronzeDragon

Motivated
Congrats to all the winners and honorable mentions. Even larger congrats to all the rest, there were a lot of great images not selected.

Thanks to everyone who marked likes, loved, wows to my entries. They were very much appreciated. Thanks again.

Michele

Eager
Huzzahs and cheers to all the winners and placers!

This was a fun challenge -- even if the subject matter was a serious one -- but I really enjoyed the many entries from folks, especially the new faces.

And again, a sincere thank you to the vendors who made their products free for the duration.

Rosie D

Inspired
Congrats to everyone - So many amazing images here - a very big thank you to to the Hivewire Team and for the generosity of the creators of the freebies - I will be enjoying using these items for many hours/days/months/years to come - I still have several images I'm working on inspired by this challenge - Thank you :flower01:

Sorry for being so late to the thread (I've had some ongoing family stuff to deal with that has taken all my headspace again over the last few weeks)

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Hey, everyone. Well, it’s July and this is all still going on. Covid-19 doesn’t seem to be going anywhere any time soon. Stay Home - Spread Hope was a good initial response to this crisis. I think we did what we set out to do.

We would like to do another Render Challenge that addresses how things have changed and how we can respond to those changes.

I was thinking “We are all in this together.” as a general Render Challenge topic. What do you all think of that?

Would you like to do another Render Challenge? What were your favorite parts about the previous challenge? What would you like to do?

Thanks! :flower00:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I think your suggestion for another Render Challenge is perfect. I didn't get to create any entries, but I sure enjoyed checking out all of the wonderful renders that were entered, and what a great response from folks who were not members of our forum until they came to enter the Render Challenge. It was a great theme topic, and I think your suggestion of "We are all in this together" would be a great followup theme. :D

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Since so many communities are setting up outdoor settings to stay safer perhaps an outdoor render challenge would be good.

Look at many of the articles and info out there. Churches, restaurants, school campuses all going out doors! Even neighbors are setting up safe circles with distancing to visit and catch up!

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
The last Render Challenge was mostly outdoor renders likely due to the free content we offered. If we are going to go with “We Are All in This Together” then I’d rather folks interpret that as they feel inspired to do so - indoors/outdoors, etc.

I see people are viewing this thread but very few are adding to the conversation. Tell us what you want.

:flower04:

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I never responded because I didn't have a particular thing to do.
Of course I do want to do another challenge and I loved everything about the last one especially that everyone was inspired to do it :)