• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Stable

eclark1894

Visionary
Just messing around with this one...

High horse.png

Freyfaxi

Adventurous
Looking good...one very minor suggestion ? Make the widow bars a little bit thinner and round..more like in pics that were posted ?

eclark1894

Visionary
I appreciate the suggestion, but I like where I'm at with them now. Still, if you have more than just an aesthetics point, I'm listening.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I actually like the look :)

but from a non-aesthetic point, I think they are round so the horse can't hurt itself if it does try to fight with each other.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
really? I think Freyfaxi thought the same as me, they look square. Must be an optical illusion because of the top and bottom rails and no shine on the uprights :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I think Rae hit the nail on the head. The uprights don't have any shine on them, so the solid black makes them look flat/square instead of round.

eclark1894

Visionary
So I've started working on the stable again after taking a little time for myself. Question, can you tell the bars are round in this render?

new Barn.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Certainly more so than when they were black in color. Now you can see the reflection on either side, which gives it the rounded look.

That said, and it may just be my aging eyes, but it looks to me like there's a double row of bars. IOW, a row of bars on the outside of the stable, and a row inside the stable. It's just at this angle it's barely visible, which is why I'm questioning my eyesight.

eclark1894

Visionary
This issue is driving me crazy. For some reason, some panels just come out dark. It's not a reversed normal. In fact, when I import it it looks fine, it just renders dark. I just don't get it.

Door.png

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
So the bars look kind of oblong to me now, which I think is fine.

As for the panels, I assume you mean that top is supposed to match the bottom on the doors? Also is that happening in both SF and FF, I'm assuming that's a SuperFly render.

I know you said you checked and it's not a reversed normal, but did you use any kind of mirror symmetry option when creating the doors? I think if you do that, some times image maps don't copy over to the mirrored geometry the way you think it would.

eclark1894

Visionary
So the bars look kind of oblong to me now, which I think is fine.

As for the panels, I assume you mean that top is supposed to match the bottom on the doors? Also is that happening in both SF and FF, I'm assuming that's a SuperFly render.

I know you said you checked and it's not a reversed normal, but did you use any kind of mirror symmetry option when creating the doors? I think if you do that, some times image maps don't copy over to the mirrored geometry the way you think it would.
Nope, no mirror symmetry on the door. You were right though about it being a Superfly render, but as you can see here, Firefly is actually worse.

firefly stable.png

Freyfaxi

Adventurous
Just a quick question about the stable doors to the stalls. Are they supposed to be a two part door, with upper and lower sections that can be shown open or closed ? If so..it seems you'll need 4 sets of hinges, not 3 as shown, 2 for the top and 2 for the bottom

eclark1894

Visionary
Just a quick question about the stable doors to the stalls. Are they supposed to be a two part door, with upper and lower sections that can be shown open or closed ? If so..it seems you'll need 4 sets of hinges, not 3 as shown, 2 for the top and 2 for the bottom
That's not the proper door for the stall. BOTH those doors are for the tack room. I imported the extra to see if there was a difference in how they rendered.