• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Stable

eclark1894

Visionary
Thought I'd show you guys why I was asking all those horsey questions yesterday.:sneaky:

stable.png

eclark1894

Visionary
I need to ask two questions though about the stalls as I've never been in one and the pictures I've googled don't quite give the definitive answer i want or need. Most of the time, I see horses on tv being led to their stalls on the inside of the stables down the aisle. But isn't their a door leading directly to the outside at the back of the stall as well?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I've been in stables, though it's been a very long time, and I don't recall ever seeing a door at the rear of each stall. It's always been down a center aisle, assuming there are stalls on both sides.

Last edited:

eclark1894

Visionary
I've been in stables, though it's been a very long time, and I don't recall ever seeing a door at the rear of each stable. It's always been down a center aisle, assuming there are stables on both sides.
It's a four stall stable with a center aisle, and a Tack room, whatever that is, (I have an idea though,) and a Wash room.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
(Seconded Miss B's excited squeal)

I've been in stables both where there is only the internal stall doors and others that have a external door that goes into a small yard for the horse to exercise in.
At the stables I worked at with Race horses, they didn't have back doors as the stables were back to back, so the door leading into the stall was from the outside rather than into a big room containing stalls (if you can picture what I'm trying to say :p)

(a tack room is exactly that, it contains all the riding equipment, saddles, bridles, headstalls etc and sometimes the feed if that's not a separate room)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Ours were swinging doors. The bottom part was solid wood and the top half had 2 doors, one with bars so the horses could see out during the day and a solid one to close up at night.
But I have seen both. I think the stables that had internal stalls have sliding so open doors don't take up aisle room.

eclark1894

Visionary
My last post in this thread on this topic. I don't mean to change the subject, but I'm seeing texturing issues I need to address. This is why I hate texturing and suck at it.

Barnyard.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Okay, another horse question. I've been working on the stables now for the last few days and believe or not, after making a few adjustments, and such, I'm moving along pretty good. I do want to try and finish this this week though so I can get back to the house. Anyway, I've finished the stables, included a tack room and wash stall plus 4 horse stalls, and a center aisle.

Some of the props I've included and intend to include, are:
1 water bucket.
1 muck bucket
1 muck cart
1 water hose
1 shovel
1 push broom
1 wheelbarrow
1 stall bedding fork

Anything I forget?

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
@eclark1894 Just a few suggestions , there's usually a good pair of hoof clippers and hoof tools, horseshoes, curry comb, buckets or sacks of feed, rubber boots, square bale hay, and some young to younger horses like to play with their Jolly Ball which is infused with scents like peppermint, apple, and even bubble gum.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
@eclark1894 They don't chew gum they are just infatuated with the smell of bubble gum. There are also some aroma therapies (they like lavender too) for horses accompanied by massage to get uptight or stressed horses to relax.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I don't know how big your Tack room is but a few pegs on the wall for bridles and saddles (as well as freestanding saddle stands) would be good :D

eclark1894

Visionary
Thank you, Rae. That's a LOT bigger than the closet I have for a tack room, but I can build some saddle stands and sawhorses and maybe add some hooks on the walls.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Cool, Earl :)

I've moved this all over to its own thread so everyone can follow the progress!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
That's OK Earl, I've never been in a Tack room that big either :D but they all do have some kind of hooks for bridles and halters and places for saddles :D

I like the idea of the rounded hooks in the 2nd pic for the bridles as I think our tack will sit on them better (since they were designed to be put on a horse and not a peg :D)