• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Sparky's items for HiveWire Dog

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I would think using the new dynamics engine would give you some really nice smooth results Sparky? Just mask off the feet, front paws and head and have a go at it!

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
I think if you just simulated the base animal you would get...a deflated animal LOL. I pulled out as much of the geometry from the bottom of the animals as possible so that it would be a better approximation of a pelt. If you mean I should try simulating the very badly distorted bear pelt morph on the cat to smooth it out...I think the areas where it has self-intersection would probably cause the simulation to do some very interesting things LOL And the head and feet would still be all messed up. It was definitely easier to fix it in ZBrush. But hey, there's all kinds of ways to go about things. It would certainly be better to just make a dedicated animal rug model with different species morphs. But you'd lose the advantage of being able to use the preexisting morphs and textures for these models. In any case, I can't spare the time for that project at the moment. :-S The pelt morph was just sort of a bonus thrown in there 'cause Carmen asked for it, and then I popped it onto the bigcat 'cause JOdel and Misss B mentioned wanting a tiger rug, and it was easy enough to port it (it'll probably work with the tiger morph). ^.^ Hell, I could probably port it to the horse, even, since I made that HWhorse clone for the dog...I'd really only do that if I had one of the deer morphs to base it on, though...it would be weird to make a mounted horse rug...but I know people make mounted deer rugs. I always thought the mounted buck rugs look like a hazard, though. Those antlers just waiting to run you through if you should fall LOL

Sorry, that got a little rambley. 0.0

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'd really only do that if I had one of the deer morphs to base it on, though...it would be weird to make a mounted horse rug...but I know people make mounted deer rugs.
Hmmmm, and here I thought only Deer heads with antlers were mounted on a wall. Not sure I've ever seen a Deer rug. Hmmmm . . .

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
Yep, deer rugs are a thing.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I think we'd all be interested in that clone. Maybe it's time to goose whoever needs to give the go-ahead.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Thanks, Miss B! ^.^

Also re: bear's funky fur bulk shape. Yes, the "folds" can be smoothed, it's not part of the texturing. Here's a quick look at the bear with less and no fur bulk dialed in. On the left, 40%, and on the right, vanilla base bear shape.

View attachment 64520
Yeah i looks much beer and closer to wha I am used o seeing wih Poser bears. Nice Thanks!
I don't have the tiger, but here's a jaguar rug. ^.^

View attachment 64518

Also, the fur bulk morphs are meant to create that area of hard shadow, because the most common way to use non-furred models is to do a bit of brushing out in postwork, and it helps to have that area of high contrast to brush into. Otherwise, you have to paint the shadows in as well. If you don't like the fur bulk shape, it is a separate morph that can be used as little or as much as you like.

Here is the bear promo with less than 30 seconds of (very not careful) brushing out with the smudge brush.

View attachment 64517
Yeah though I have aways preferred doing it all or mostly within Poser and very little post work, I used to use the post options in Photoshop. but Adobe has turned photoshop and illustrator into rental programs and I stopped updating especially when my old Macbook stopped behaving and I had no way of installing the old Adobe Suite, (a TOO EXPENSIVE software suite to be forced into obsolescence!), I might add, into any new one I might buy. Of course all that is moot since I have not been able to use Poser or ANYHING hi res for almost a year now because i just have not wanted to spend another dime on yet another computer. But I miss doing creative work real bad and am going to have to rethink this stubbornness!
The problem I have is he softness of smudging tools left on the image. THe fur bulk morphs is nice. Is there a set of bump maps on the texturing, dear to give the fur a semblance of thickness when using the bulk morphs?

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I think if you just simulated the base animal you would get...a deflated animal LOL. I pulled out as much of the geometry from the bottom of the animals as possible so that it would be a better approximation of a pelt. If you mean I should try simulating the very badly distorted bear pelt morph on the cat to smooth it out...I think the areas where it has self-intersection would probably cause the simulation to do some very interesting things LOL And the head and feet would still be all messed up. It was definitely easier to fix it in ZBrush. But hey, there's all kinds of ways to go about things. It would certainly be better to just make a dedicated animal rug model with different species morphs. But you'd lose the advantage of being able to use the preexisting morphs and textures for these models. In any case, I can't spare the time for that project at the moment. :-S The pelt morph was just sort of a bonus thrown in there 'cause Carmen asked for it, and then I popped it onto the bigcat 'cause JOdel and Misss B mentioned wanting a tiger rug, and it was easy enough to port it (it'll probably work with the tiger morph). ^.^ Hell, I could probably port it to the horse, even, since I made that HWhorse clone for the dog...I'd really only do that if I had one of the deer morphs to base it on, though...it would be weird to make a mounted horse rug...but I know people make mounted deer rugs. I always thought the mounted buck rugs look like a hazard, though. Those antlers just waiting to run you through if you should fall LOL

Sorry, that got a little rambley. 0.0
Jus read this dear, thanks for doing the rug morphs on my request. appreciate it much! Are the morph freebies on your site or are they here somewhere?