• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Sparky's items for HiveWire Dog

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
I thought I'd do a prettier test with the LAMH preset, had to make sure it worked on the cub, too. LOL
HWD_Bear_PolarBearLAMH.jpg

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
I don't know if you could simulate it. I pulled most of the geometry out so that it would be visible on the top, the underside is not very pretty, and I don't think it would behave very well during simulation, the self collisions would cause artifacts. It could work in some cases, though, if you're only simulating parts of it.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Normally love your offerings dear and have always said so...for years!.....but these bears without the hair simulation look kinda funky especially in those neck folds. I have several bears by other content creators and none look this funky. If his is not a render issue any way to soften them if not using the hair simulator. Love the bearskin rug especially with the hair simulator but since I won't be using that is there going to be a better fur texture to make the rug look more realistic?

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Check for fur shaders. I know there are some out there. Might need to deal with postwork since you may not want it on the head, and would probably want it shorter on the paws.

I've heard of the Poser Hair room. Is that a possibility?

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
I don't have the tiger, but here's a jaguar rug. ^.^

HWBCrugWIP.jpg

Also, the fur bulk morphs are meant to create that area of hard shadow, because the most common way to use non-furred models is to do a bit of brushing out in postwork, and it helps to have that area of high contrast to brush into. Otherwise, you have to paint the shadows in as well. If you don't like the fur bulk shape, it is a separate morph that can be used as little or as much as you like.

Here is the bear promo with less than 30 seconds of (very not careful) brushing out with the smudge brush.

BearBrushedOut.jpg

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
Thanks, Miss B! ^.^

Also re: bear's funky fur bulk shape. Yes, the "folds" can be smoothed, it's not part of the texturing. Here's a quick look at the bear with less and no fur bulk dialed in. On the left, 40%, and on the right, vanilla base bear shape.

WithoutFurBulk.jpg

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
Well, yes and no. I had to adjust the morph to work on the big cat. Here's what it looked like before I fixed it LOL. I would have to do a similar fix for it to work on the base dog as well. Doesn't take much doing, though.

ZGrab01.jpg