• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Songbird Remix's Product Preview Thread

Rhia474

Admirable
You could possibly see both... the latest (and largest) group of sightings for both has been in the area around Alanthus, Kansas.

Here's one more render, this time of the Lesser using my Sagebrush Habitat, Side-splotched lizard and honey bee. The sagebrush habitat is the primary ecosystem for the Lesser Prairie-chicken.

View attachment 78759
Wow. Unfortunately that's the other end of Kansas ( in-laws are in Lawrence), but who knows, maybe a road trip this summer. It's about 8 hours from us in Texas.
That render looks amazing.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Using "All About Birds", Cornell Lab's great website, you can search for a bird found in the US and then select the Range map (and sightings tab) and see where all the most recent sightings have been. While I picked where the greatest concentration of both birds are, you may not have to go that far. It looks like there's opportunities to the Greater just a little west of Topeka off of I70

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Since I'm getting relatively close to finishing the base version (Firefly) on my next set, I thought I'd share a couple promos images. I'm guessing "Trogons" will be in store around the start of August.

SBRM_Trogons_Promo1.jpg
SBRM_Trogons_Promo2.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Colorful birdies. Kind of rude that they call it the "orange-breasted Trogon", when the females don't even have orange on their breasts.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Once again, beautifully executed Ken!

Sure love your work!

Beautiful birds.

Love your mastery and attention to detail.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
and a little more... in the "Barbets" set. There are 4 American species, 7 Asian species and 5 African species (29 birds in all, if you count m/f versions, subspecies and variants)

Attachments

• sbrm_Barbets_Promo1.jpg
    sbrm_Barbets_Promo1.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 37
  • sbrm_Barbets_Promo3.jpg
    sbrm_Barbets_Promo3.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 34
  • sbrm_Barbets_Promo4.jpg
    sbrm_Barbets_Promo4.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
While my Trogons finishing up their sale period at the Renderosity store and my Barbets are in beta testing, I've steadily been at work on a long promised bird species... Hornbills. They've been on my to-do list for about 15 years. The stalling point has been the extreme differences in casque (horn) sizes and shapes. Taking everything I've learned over the years, I think I've finally resolved the issues... Here's a peak at my morph progress on two difference species of Hornbill. This will probably be an early October release.

Hornbill.jpg