• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Songbird Remix's Product Preview Thread

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Here the Tres Marie Amazons (Yellow-headed) from Parrots v5 in flight in an iray UltraScenery render.

dyhamazons2.jpg

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I'm back updating older products and started on "The Aviary". I originally created that product right after Hivewire3D went into business and I wanted to create something that would support Chris's new figure "Dawn" as well as my birds. With the reworking, I'm obviously adding Iray and Superfly support but also decided to do some enhancements. I've added lighting fixtures and some potted plants which add nicely to the finished product. Below are two renders; the first is an overview of the interior using Firefly and the second is a finished render in Iray,

Poser-Interior.jpg
the aviary iray2.jpg

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
...wow... I guess it made its way through QA then. lol.

It, plus, the other 5 Parrots of the World sets, are now on 30% sale until the end of the month.

Attachments

• Cuban Amazons.jpg
    Cuban Amazons.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 168
  • Imperial amazons.jpg
    Imperial amazons.jpg
    319.3 KB · Views: 158
  • puerto rican amazon.jpg
    puerto rican amazon.jpg
    261.4 KB · Views: 169
  • red-crowned amazons.jpg
    red-crowned amazons.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 173
  • St Vincent.jpg
    St Vincent.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 164

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
...wow... I guess it made its way through QA then. lol.

It, plus, the other 5 Parrots of the World sets, are now on 30% sale until the end of the month.
YES, I got my email about it being in the store a little after 11:00pm last night (about 8:00pm your time). :D

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I have more three updated products out. One dates back to 2005, my Safari Camp, which was originally released to support SBRM Africa. I corrected some geometry and UV issues and edited/redid some of the texture maps. It also now has separate DS and Poser versions with Iray, 3Delight, Superfly and Firefly support.

The other two updated sets, "The Aviary" and "Dawn Poses for the Aviary" were released in 2013 and were among my first Hivewire3D releases.

The Aviary, like Safari Camp, now has separate DS and Poser versions, Iray, 3Delight, Superfly and Firefly support and some texture map edits. It also has new potted plants, water lilies for the pond and ceiling lights.

The "Dawn Poses for the Aviary" set has been renamed to "The Aviary Poses" and now supports the G8 Female and Dawn in the DS version and La Femme, Dawn and Victoria 4 in the Poser version. The support of four more female figures is a significant upgrade on that set.

In the coming months, I'll be moving towards updating the remaining 10 ancient products in my catalog, starting with Seashore House, Mission Bells, SBRM Optics and Pixel Downs.

SafariCamp_Main.jpgSafariCamp_Promo1.jpgSafariCamp_Promo2.jpgSBRM_Aviary_Promo6.jpgSBRM_Aviary_Promo7.jpgSBRM_Aviary_Promo9.jpgSBRM_Aviary_Promo8.jpgSBRM_Aviary_Main.jpg

Last edited:

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
It's funny... I guess as a 3D content creator for 20+ years, sometimes you forget some on the gems you created along the way. I've started reworking my 2005 "Seashore House" and entirely forgot that I had included a complete interior for the house. In my revision process I'm simply expanding the 2K maps to 4K and cleaning up blurred and pixelated textures. To my surprise, It looks like it will take less revision that I thought. There are no ceiling lights in the set, so I'm probably going model a couple varieties and add optional interior light to the house. Below are a couple wip Iray renders.

Entry Way looking into the Sitting Room-- Dining Room in the rear.

seashore house interior iray.jpg

the sitting room looking into the entry way and dining room (bright spot on ceiling is where I'll need to add a lighting fixture)
seashore house interior2 iray.jpg

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
It's funny... I guess as a 3D content creator for 20+ years, sometimes you forget some on the gems you created along the way. I've started reworking my 2005 "Seashore House" and entirely forgot that I had included a complete interior for the house. In my revision process I'm simply expanding the 2K maps to 4K and cleaning up blurred and pixelated textures. To my surprise, It looks like it will take less revision that I thought. There are no ceiling lights in the house so I'm probably model a couple variety and add optional interior light to the house. Below are a couple wip Iray renders.
WOOT! I got this the same day I grabbed the original Aviary. :D

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
WOOT! I got this the same day I grabbed the original Aviary. :D
Expect the updated version under the Christmas Tree.... :)

I started my 3D career in the late 1990's doing architectural models (almost all of which have been retired for decades). It seemed to me there were a couple things that might be useful from those sets so I decided to take a look. I found a period light fixture and 1928 refrigerator, so I threw them into the scenes below with some material tweaks. I think at least those two will be usable, so perhaps I'll create an inexpensive add-on set that puts all things you'd expect in a kitchen (refrigerator, stove, sink) and light fixture for every room with selectable on/off lighting for each room). Maybe some other stuff, too... like adirondack chairs and tables for the wrap around porch and an HDRI backdrop of the beach/seashore.

ceiling light added
seashore House entryway1.jpg

kitchen with refrigerator added
seashore House kitchen.jpg

exterior view of Seashore House
seashore house.jpg

Last edited:

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I got the seashore House when it was back at DAZ. I remember that it had an interior.