• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Songbird Remix's Product Preview Thread

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist

Attachments

• changeable Hawk-eagle.jpg
    changeable Hawk-eagle.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 179
  • white-tailed sea eagle.jpg
    white-tailed sea eagle.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 172

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
My "Finches of the Caribbean" has been released through Renderosity.

It includes most of the common finches found throughout the Caribbean. From the striking bullfinches of St. Lucia, St. Kitts and the Greater Antilles to the Grassquits of Cuba, Haiti and Jamaica, these island faring birds with perfect for nature and vacation to rogue and freebooter imagery. There are two versions of this set for native support in Poser and DAZ Studio. Materials have been tuned to support Iray, 3Delight, Superfly and Firefly renderers.

I also will have a related product 30% off sale from July 27 to August 10th featuring: Nature Wonders Big Cypress Habitat, Nature Wonders Lizards of the World v4, Nature Wonders Frogs of the World v2, Songbird ReMix Birds of Prey Vol 3 Mini-Set - Hawks of Central & South America, Songbird ReMix Hummingbirds of North America, Songbird ReMix Parrots Vol 2 - Macaws of the World, Songbird Remix Potoos, Songbird Remix Toucans v1/2 and Songbird ReMix Yucatan.

And finally, I have a freebie available for "Finches of the Caribbean". It's additional Pyrate hat materials.

Attachments

• Finches Add-on.jpg
    Finches Add-on.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 165

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I'm working through some of the last Songbird ReMix updates; "A Bird in the Hand" pose set and "Motherhood"... I hope to have both ready mid-to-late August... the next items will be Perching Places, Optics and the Ostrich Sulky-- then to the few remaining not updated products in my catalog.

The original "A Bird in the Hand" supported around 5 different types of bird along with M4/V4 and Genesis 1... The revised set supports G8 m/f, La Femme/L'Homme, Dawn/Dusk, M4/V4 and Genesis 1 along with a much larger selection of birds.

Motherhood will be simply be updated with some texture and coding improvements, support Iray/3Delight, Firefly/Superfly and be a little easier to use.

Here's a couple sneak peek/wip shots.

Attachments

• SBRM_MotherhoodPromo1..jpg
    SBRM_MotherhoodPromo1..jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 163
  • SBRM_MotherhoodPromo4..jpg
    SBRM_MotherhoodPromo4..jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 162
  • SBRM_BirdInHand-Promo1.jpg
    SBRM_BirdInHand-Promo1.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 187
  • SBRM_BirdInHand-Promo3.jpg
    SBRM_BirdInHand-Promo3.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 176
  • SBRM_BirdInHand-Promo6.jpg
    SBRM_BirdInHand-Promo6.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 166
  • SBRM_BirdInHand-Promo7.jpg
    SBRM_BirdInHand-Promo7.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 167

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
more promos of "Perching Places" updates...

Attachments

• SBRM_Perching_Promo01.jpg
    SBRM_Perching_Promo01.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 137
  • SBRM_Perching_Promo02.jpg
    SBRM_Perching_Promo02.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 147
  • SBRM_Perching_Promo03.jpg
    SBRM_Perching_Promo03.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 129
  • SBRM_Perching_Promo04.jpg
    SBRM_Perching_Promo04.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 137
  • SBRM_Perching_Promo07.jpg
    SBRM_Perching_Promo07.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 150
  • SBRM_Perching_Promo08.jpg
    SBRM_Perching_Promo08.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 135

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Thank-you, Chris. It always means a lot coming from you.

Here's the rest of the updated Perching Places promos... I should be wrapping up this update up by the end next week. Unfortunately, I ran into a snag on rigging the "Hatchable" egg on the DS Motherhood update-- so that will probably be delayed as wait on some S.O.S. calls ;)

Attachments

• SBRM_Perching_Promo05.jpg
    SBRM_Perching_Promo05.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 149
  • SBRM_Perching_Promo06.jpg
    SBRM_Perching_Promo06.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 128
  • SBRM_Perching_Promo09.jpg
    SBRM_Perching_Promo09.jpg
    267.5 KB · Views: 127
  • SBRM_Perching_Promo10.jpg
    SBRM_Perching_Promo10.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 127

Klaus Sauer

Admirable
I would love to buy your new products again, but so far Renderosity still hasn't credited my HiveWire purchases to my account, despite writing to them several times. Therefore, I still refuse to support former HiveWire at Rendo.

I bought most of your products as well as HiveWire's and CWRW's during the time HiveWire was active, so I don't see the point of buying all the birds, cats or horses again now just to get the updates. Somehow I've given up hope that I'll get credit for all my HiveWire purchases from Rendo. Renderosity is not even responding to my emails. I feel a little cheated too.

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I would love to buy your new products again, but so far Renderosity still hasn't credited my HiveWire purchases to my account, despite writing to them several times. Therefore, I still refuse to support former HiveWire at Rendo.

I bought most of your products as well as HiveWire's and CWRW's during the time HiveWire was active, so I don't see the point of buying all the birds, cats or horses again now just to get the updates. Somehow I've given up hope that I'll get credit for all my HiveWire purchases from Rendo. Renderosity is not even responding to my emails. I feel a little cheated too.
Now that the bulk of the HW transfers have been completed by Renderosity, I can probably help. I knew there would be a few people that would fall into the cracks for one reason or the other. Of course, I can't help with products that aren't mine but anything that is, send me a list along with your Renderosity Screen Name and I'll get those processed.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE

As Ken said, the BULK of the transfers are done, but not all. Also, please keep in mind that this is being done as a COURTESY to our customers. Renderosity was/is under no obligation to even do that. And I know they're not done - my account's not transferred, either.

(Please don't continue discussing the transfer here, folks, as I don't want it to derail Ken's thread - just wanted to note that information).

FYI, Ken is updating many of his products (and incredibly generously doing so for free, despite the huge amount of work it is for him to do them), but none of HiveWire's or CWRW's animal products have had any updates since moving to Renderosity. So there are no updates to get for our critters or Laurie's.

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
With the three updates working their way through Beta and QA, I decided to revisit a mini-series I started about 18 months ago... In April 2021, I released the updated Parrots, plus the new Macaws, Lovebirds and in May, Cockatoos. Many of my fans were disappointed I didn't continue that series with the last obvious group, Amazons, but I really felt I needed to get the majority of the SBRM library updated first. Well, with only 15 un-updated items remaining in my catalog (mostly non-sbrm props and such), the pressure is pretty much off, so I've needed to start digging through my (and my customers wish lists).

So, a couple days ago, I started volume 5 of "Parrots of the World". Volumes 5 and 6 will feature the 30+ Amazon Parrots found throughout South and Central America.

SBRM_Parrotsv5_Main.jpg

Last edited: