• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Songbird Remix's Product Preview Thread

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Hey @Ken Gilliland, just a quick question (hopefully lol), I know you've updated a lot of the bases now (I just can't remember which ones exactly), so was wondering what was left that would need to be completed before the "Songbird ReMix Australia Complete Stack" can be updated?

None of the Australian SBRM sets can get updated until I complete the revisions on the main SBRM model (which I hope to have ready this summer). Australia v3 will even take longer it uses about every base there is and some I haven't even thought about doing yet (like Pelicans )

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Birds of Legend is unfortunately way down on the list because it uses eight different SBRM bases (three of which I haven't started yet)

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I'm busily testing birds (and in some cases rendering images) from my upcoming Cockatoo set. Here's a couple iray renders...

Western Corella
western corella iray.jpg

Gang-gang Cockatoos
gang-gang grooming.jpg

Jan

Adventurous
Bought them straight away of course, beeing Aussie and seeing several of these birds in the flesh. The Corella is very good. I have had Little Corellas and the Long-beaked species who matted and produced a hybrid offspring, some more like the female but with more pink like the father or long beaks different from normal.
The birds in this Photo did mate, I have seen their offspring. Jan

Corella-species.jpg

Jan

Adventurous
Ken, with the Cockatoos- does the Sulphur-crested Cockatoo fall into the updated birds yet or is it still in the older form .cr2. Can you use the new base and use the texture maps manually for the old form.
Which one do you use the recreating your Elsa (a different species I know) but a cockatoo nevertheless. Thanks Jan

Carey

Extraordinary
We have five hens, love those girls.. I forget their proper name but they are pure bred viking chickens bred for colder weather...Four eggs a day, every day. we suspect one of them needs specialized training... That or they take turns taking a day off... Only one has a name thus far. One of them has a crown of black feathers. What does she look like, well she is named Moe...The wife being subjected to much of what I write has adopted my grandfathers way to discipline a wayward grand child, I think she is just having fun with me, but she is threatening to send me out to talk to the chickens if I don't behave myself.....

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Ken, with the Cockatoos- does the Sulphur-crested Cockatoo fall into the updated birds yet or is it still in the older form .cr2. Can you use the new base and use the texture maps manually for the old form.
Which one do you use the recreating your Elsa (a different species I know) but a cockatoo nevertheless. Thanks Jan

The sulfur-crested (and little Corella) are part of Australia v3 and "Elsa" (lesser Citron cockatoo) is from 2nd Edition. Technically, those are "done" but the sets they are in, aren't. I'll be getting out updates for those once I complete the necessary model upgrades on those sets. I'll be starting the base SBRM models upgrade once I finish my current Nature's Wonders set(s) I'm working on now. That will unlock quite a few updates.

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I should add that there was a slight update on Parrots v1 (Parrots of the World) that went live a couple days ago-- it moves the two Cockatoos from the parrot model to the cockatoo model (that I created specifically for v3: Cockatoos) and allows them to use a few additional morphs found on that model.

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Ah. Time to re-download and reinstall.

It's a fairly minor change and not an "absolutely have to have" update... most users won't notice the difference. It's designed for finicky like me who wonder why those two cockatoos in Parrots v1 aren't using the new cockatoo model. I haven't updated the "free" female Red-tailed Black on my website yet... I'll get to it by the end of the weekend.

Reactions: Jan

Jan

Adventurous
Ken, can't remember, but were the Hummingbirds themselves updated or are you doing it now/soon that you have updated the Hummingbird Garden?