• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Songbird Remix's Product Preview Thread

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I ended up having to rework a few more of the old gamebird textures... here's most of the pigeons and dove changes to the set

GB_Doves.jpg

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Hey Ken by any chance have you made or plan to make these? Red-masked Parakeet

When I get to upgrading the "Parrots of the World" set, there's more than a reasonable chance that at least one new parrot volume will appear. I'll add the Red-masked Parakeet to the "wish list".

I thought a few years ago, by now, I would have upgraded everything. Of course, the original plan was simply to add Iray and Superfly materials, not rework every volume down to its geometry. I'm guessing I have at least another 18 months before I plow through everything. It will check easier and the sets should move faster, once all the base models are upgraded. Maybe the parrot base will be my Audubon's Birthday target.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Would appreciate a new Blue and Gold macaw. Noggins's is all right, but there's a glitch in the first tail bone. If that bone gets bent, spikes come out of the torso.

Reactions: Jan

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
When I get to upgrading the "Parrots of the World" set, there's more than a reasonable chance that at least one new parrot volume will appear. I'll add the Red-masked Parakeet to the "wish list".

I thought a few years ago, by now, I would have upgraded everything. Of course, the original plan was simply to add Iray and Superfly materials, not rework every volume down to its geometry. I'm guessing I have at least another 18 months before I plow through everything. It will check easier and the sets should move faster, once all the base models are upgraded. Maybe the parrot base will be my Audubon's Birthday target.

That would be wonderful. Thank you. My mother's parrot was a Red Masked, or Meitered? Parakeet there's features of both that bring him to mind for me, though the Red Masked is the closest. I really liked that bird. Miss him too.

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Some of the volumes use multiple model bases, so upgrading those sets can be huge tasks. Birds of Legend uses 8 different base models so it's a lot of additional work. This job is made easier by doing other "single" sets like shorebirds and gamebirds first so that I chip away at the number of models I need to revise. Birds of Legend will get on 2020's list though when I can't say yet. I have to balance these updates with a flow of new products so I have some income.

Reactions: Jan

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I "had" hoped to get the Gamebirds update out this week but Poser 11's Sub-D had different ideas. It doesn't like a stretch of polygons on the hip/thigh connection and has chosen to map them incorrectly. There's no particular reason why it does this (yes, I've experienced it before), it just decides it doesn't like certain polygons-- you simply delete then and replace them and voila-- it works 99% of the time.

Unfortunately, that means I have to remove the polygons and rebuild a portion of the model which in turns affects all the morphs in the thigh and hip regions. Looks like I've added at least a week to my work. :(

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Sorry to hear this Ken, but knowing how excellent your products are, I'm sure we'll all wait patiently until it's all done.

Riccardo

Adventurous
Sorry to ask, but I am not sure about this.
In the Hivewire newsletter dated 14 january 2020 there is an announcemente about Ken's Australia Vol 3.
It says: "All of these older format birds have been refitted to use the latest versions of the Songbird ReMix base models...".
Now, I already had the product but I thought I'd better download it again from my account in order to also have the latest version.
But these newly downloaded files and the ones I already had are identical. Is this correct or am I missing something?
Thank you

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Sorry to ask, but I am not sure about this.
In the Hivewire newsletter dated 14 january 2020 there is an announcemente about Ken's Australia Vol 3.
It says: "All of these older format birds have been refitted to use the latest versions of the Songbird ReMix base models...".

No, Australia v3 has not been updated yet to the new format. The updating process is exceptionally time comsuming because I am reworking the geometry, morphs, coding, joint parameters and textures for every model in my 1000+ bird library. To find out what volumes have been updated, I have them listed on my SongbirdReMix.com front webpage.

I'm currently working on Gamebirds; since Australia v3 uses diverse models from parts of my library, it will be one of the last updated (sorry). Parrots and the base Songbird ReMix model need to get reworked first.