• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Songbird Remix's Product Preview Thread

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
it's a black and white feed during the nighttime there... most low-light cameras switch to b/w

Last edited:

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Charles of Cornell Lab posted an update yesterday regarding the feed.

The camera needs to be replaced because of infrared filter issues. The new camera should arrive in Panama about the middle of next week, and it will be another day or two to get it swapped out.

Then we can see in color again!

Is the bird cam showing black and white for anyone else? I'm really missing it.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Charles of Cornell Lab posted an update yesterday regarding the feed.

The camera needs to be replaced because of infrared filter issues. The new camera should arrive in Panama about the middle of next week, and it will be another day or two to get it swapped out.

Then we can see in color again!

Wondering what was up. Miss the color. And put out more bananas, I want to see the Toucans again.

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
For those who don't know, Cornell Labs is probably the most important bird research intuition in the United States and one of the leaders in the world. Cornell Labs, apart from this bird cam does lots of other things like migration tracking and population trends through ebird, and North America bird ID through All About Birds... and yes, some of my Songbird ReMix income goes to helping them every year (as well as Audubon). If you want to donate to them directly, here's the link.

As for updates on my re-releases and new products... Santa should be dropping those Vultures and Condors soon, as well as my Potoos. If things go well on my end, you might be see a Nature's Wonders item by year end (or close to it)... Central and South American Lizards to keep your Potoos company.

Carolina Anole.jpg

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That's what I like about them. That pose they take makes my neck hurt just looking at them.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Hey Ken, are those "perches" you have them on in the promos part of your Perching Places set? I have that set, but haven't checked it out lately.

If not, have you any plans of releasing them, or are they part of one of your Habitat sets. I have those too, but don't recall anything like those among them.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Well done Ken. You've knocked another out of the park.

Lizard is looking amazing as well.

Love it.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
By the way that Panama Fruit Feeder Cam is still showing black and white. Looking forward to their new fix to come.

Miss B

CV-BEE
By the way that Panama Fruit Feeder Cam is still showing black and white. Looking forward to their new fix to come.
Yes, I've noticed that too. When I first started checking it, it was only black & white at night, but full color during the day. I hope they get it fixed soon-ish.

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Hey Ken, are those "perches" you have them on in the promos part of your Perching Places set? I have that set, but haven't checked it out lately.

If not, have you any plans of releasing them, or are they part of one of your Habitat sets. I have those too, but don't recall anything like those among them.

While I have used some of "Perching Places" props for the Potoo renders here the majority have come from other artists. I use DinoRaul's "Trees201204" and "Trees201206" a lot in renders (both found at Rendo). Perching Places is on my list to update with the rest of the SBRM sets. I may end up doing my own snag/tree set maybe in time for April's Audubon event but I'll need to be ahead of myself on updates and the peafowl for that to happen-- so don't get your hopes up.

Everyone... Thank you for all the comments on my latest set!

Miss B

CV-BEE
Perching Places is on my list to update with the rest of the SBRM sets. I may end up doing my own snag/tree set maybe in time for April's Audubon event but I'll need to be ahead of myself on updates and the peafowl for that to happen-- so don't get your hopes up.
Oh I'll wait eagerly, but don't rush the updates and peafowl (which I'm also waiting for) on my account. ;)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Good news! The Panama Fruit Feeder has gotten it's new camera, and now it's in full color even at night! :D

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I wonder if the feed was showing highlights when you checked Miss B.

It's still been colorless every time I've checked, and all the photos posted on their feed have also been colorless ... except those people have hand colored.

However ... Charles posted two days ago the new camera had arrived, and they hope to have the new camera installed before the New Year. Soo ... count down to New Years!!!

Miss B

CV-BEE
Funny you should mention that, as I was thinking the same thing just now when I checked, because not only was it in full color, that swinging vine, and the water feeder, were both absent from that camera, so more than likely an earlier "preview", or a totally different camera.