Songbird Remix's Product Preview Thread

Discussion in 'Show Me The Honey' started by Ken Gilliland, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Satira Capriccio

Satira Capriccio Distinguished CV-BEE Contributing Artist

I had imagined the feeder was surrounded by dense jungle with the tiniest trace of a path for the staff to replenish the feeder. Even though I'd read the info that said the feeder cam is about 40 feet from the main lodge.

upload_2018-12-29_11-15-1.png

The lodge and the grounds around it look rather beautiful.

Chris likes this.
  2. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

Wow, that really is pretty country. Thanks for posting the video.

3. Janet

Janet Extraordinary Contributing Artist

4. Satira Capriccio

Yes. They should be replacing the camera in the next few days, and we will have color again.

Janet likes this.
  5. Miss B

I can't wait, as with color you can identify different bird species, especially if they're very similar in size.

6. Ken Gilliland

Ken Gilliland Extraordinary HW3D Exclusive Artist

Looking at 2019...
    I'll be focused in early 2019 on delivering more SBRM updates, hopefully getting most of them done before or by the Audubon Birthday Sale. Two major SBRM sets are my main focus now; the base SBRM set and the Shorebird Series. Over the holidays, I've been revising the main Shorebirds model (used in the three Shorebird sets, Flamingos and Birds of Legend)... Here are some of the changes in geometry to look forward too. I've chosen to update the transparency layers to the techniques I use in my newer models (Ducks, Geese, Birds of Prey, Kiwis) and abandon the jagged fluff technique borrowed from the 2003 original SBRM model.

CaptureWF4.JPG

Chris, xmasrose, Rae134 and 4 others like this.
  7. Janet

Janet Extraordinary Contributing Artist

Flamingos and Birds of Legend! Two of my favorites!

8. Alisa

Alisa HW3D QAV Queen Bee Staff Member QAV-BEE

By the way, Satira started a thread specifically for the Panama Fruit Feeder Cam here:

Panama Fruit Feeder Cam

Rae134 likes this.
  9. Ken Gilliland

Here's a couple more peeks at what I'm doing in the Shorebirds reworking. Two images; the first has the thigh fluff removed revealing the thigh to hip blend in the updated model.

Capture2.JPG

The second image shows the new Crane rear end morph. I added some complex JCM coding so it will only be present when the crane parameters are turned on and only when the wing feathers are folded.

CraneMorph.JPG

LisaB, CWRW, Chris and 5 others like this.
  10. Ken Gilliland

Here's a test Firefly render using my African Spoonbill using the enhanced model. The new trans maps I created are pretty delicate on the crest, neck and breast. I'll probably end up beefing them up a bit on the spoonbill and others, depending on the species. I do think the hip to thigh transitions are a huge improvement.

Render 1.jpg

LisaB, Szark, Chris and 4 others like this.
  11. Miss B

Looking very nice indeed Ken. :)

Ken Gilliland likes this.
  12. Satira Capriccio

They are looking absolutely great!

13. Chris

Chris HW3D President Staff Member Co-Founder

Wow, that's some major reworking there Ken. Love your new changes. Will make your birds even more incredible and realistic.

I'm so impressed with your abilities.

I bow to the master.

14. Ken Gilliland

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    Rae134 likes this.
  15. Alisa

LOL, Ken!

Small note here - I inadvertently wrote in the HW ReadMe files for the Condor and both Vultures that these were updated as of 1-5-2018 instead of 1-5-2019.

I've fixed that in the files and they will be re-uploaded, so you may want to wait til I post here that they are fixed (or change that date in your ReadMe to 1-5-2019 ;)) before re-downloading.

16. Szark

Szark Energetic

That looks so much better Ken, excellent in fact.

17. Alisa

All fixed!

18. DanaTA

DanaTA Brilliant

Is this a free update? If so, how do I get it, since I purchased the Scavengers bundle when it was at DAZ3D?

Dana

19. DanaTA

DanaTA Brilliant

Never mind, I saw the link to the instructions. I have a lot of Songbirds from DAZ3D. Almost everything Ken made during his stay there.

Dana

20. Miss B

Oh, I was just going to post the link. Glad you found it. I've used it as well, and it's an easy process.

DanaTA likes this.