• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Songbird Remix's Product Preview Thread

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I had imagined the feeder was surrounded by dense jungle with the tiniest trace of a path for the staff to replenish the feeder. Even though I'd read the info that said the feeder cam is about 40 feet from the main lodge.

upload_2018-12-29_11-15-1.png

The lodge and the grounds around it look rather beautiful.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I can't wait, as with color you can identify different bird species, especially if they're very similar in size.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Looking at 2019...
I'll be focused in early 2019 on delivering more SBRM updates, hopefully getting most of them done before or by the Audubon Birthday Sale. Two major SBRM sets are my main focus now; the base SBRM set and the Shorebird Series. Over the holidays, I've been revising the main Shorebirds model (used in the three Shorebird sets, Flamingos and Birds of Legend)... Here are some of the changes in geometry to look forward too. I've chosen to update the transparency layers to the techniques I use in my newer models (Ducks, Geese, Birds of Prey, Kiwis) and abandon the jagged fluff technique borrowed from the 2003 original SBRM model.

CaptureWF4.JPG

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Here's a couple more peeks at what I'm doing in the Shorebirds reworking. Two images; the first has the thigh fluff removed revealing the thigh to hip blend in the updated model.

Capture2.JPG

The second image shows the new Crane rear end morph. I added some complex JCM coding so it will only be present when the crane parameters are turned on and only when the wing feathers are folded.

CraneMorph.JPG

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Here's a test Firefly render using my African Spoonbill using the enhanced model. The new trans maps I created are pretty delicate on the crest, neck and breast. I'll probably end up beefing them up a bit on the spoonbill and others, depending on the species. I do think the hip to thigh transitions are a huge improvement.

Render 1.jpg

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Wow, that's some major reworking there Ken. Love your new changes. Will make your birds even more incredible and realistic.

I'm so impressed with your abilities.

I bow to the master.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
LOL, Ken!

Small note here - I inadvertently wrote in the HW ReadMe files for the Condor and both Vultures that these were updated as of 1-5-2018 instead of 1-5-2019.

I've fixed that in the files and they will be re-uploaded, so you may want to wait til I post here that they are fixed (or change that date in your ReadMe to 1-5-2019 ;)) before re-downloading.

Szark

Awesome
Here's a test Firefly render using my African Spoonbill using the enhanced model. The new trans maps I created are pretty delicate on the crest, neck and breast. I'll probably end up beefing them up a bit on the spoonbill and others, depending on the species. I do think the hip to thigh transitions are a huge improvement.

View attachment 44076
That looks so much better Ken, excellent in fact.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
LOL, Ken!

Small note here - I inadvertently wrote in the HW ReadMe files for the Condor and both Vultures that these were updated as of 1-5-2018 instead of 1-5-2019.

I've fixed that in the files and they will be re-uploaded, so you may want to wait til I post here that they are fixed (or change that date in your ReadMe to 1-5-2019 ;)) before re-downloading.

All fixed!

DanaTA

Distinguished
LOL, Ken!

Is this a free update? If so, how do I get it, since I purchased the Scavengers bundle when it was at DAZ3D?

Dana

DanaTA

Distinguished
Never mind, I saw the link to the instructions. I have a lot of Songbirds from DAZ3D. Almost everything Ken made during his stay there.

Dana

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh, I was just going to post the link. Glad you found it. I've used it as well, and it's an easy process.