• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Songbird Remix's Product Preview Thread

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I haven't updated my progress in a while so here it goes...

The upgrade for Penguins and the Wild Turkey sets are complete and they are being check by Hivewire Quality Assurance for issues. The upgraded Toucans Volumes 1 and 2 are almost out of beta and I'll probably have Vultures Volumes 1 and 2, as well as Condors ready by the end of next week. I think that will be it for the "Big Update Part Two". I want to get the upgraded turkey out asap, especially DAZ Studio users, since the current one has some issues in DAZ Studio. The new native DS version is so much nicer!

"Part Three" will occur around the start of the year and hopefully the final batch "Part Four" in time for the Audubon Sale in April 2019. I can't believe I'm almost halfway through the 1000+ birds I had to update!

For this year, apart from the updated libraries, I'll probably do a bird set or two as well as my Turtles v2 and v3. I have a partially started "Toucans v3" and "Potoos" (What's a Potoo?).

The Peacock and Sage Grouse are "planned" (if the updates don't kill me first--lol) for Audubon Birthday 2019.

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Some of the updated and re-released Songbird ReMix sets are starting to appear in the store. To remind everyone, the new format has a different library structure; All new files are found in under the Animals/Songbird ReMix folders in DAZ Studio and in Poser's Figures tab. In addition, all the morphs and controls are now located in the main (BODY) section of the model. The only thing you'll find in the limbs, wings, etc are the rotate controls and limited controls like grasp/spread in the feet. Also, all the birds are found in Bird Library sub-folders and are one-click loading (already in character format--no more assembling them)

The updated Penguins appeared a few days ago. If you already own it, simply redownload the set and delete your old version. The old version of Penguins is in the Poser Runtime Libraries/Character/Songbird ReMix/SongbirdReMix-Penguin.cr2/.png and Libraries/Pose/Songbird ReMix/20 Penguins.
  • The Penguin Freebies have been updated too. Get 3 additional free Penguins (Humboldt Penguin, King Penguin and Magellanic Penguin) at my website under Penguin Downloads.
Wild Turkeys should be appearing very soon. The freebies for that set (additional domestic turkeys) are now included in the store version. Toucans v1 and v2 are being QAV tested and I'm busily updating Vultures v1, v2 and Condors. So, expect all of those to be done by early November.

I'm hoping to have some of the most popular SBRM sets (Songbird ReMix, Corvus, corvus, Birds of Legend, Threatened, etc) upgraded by the end of the year and the completion of the entire SBRM library for the Audubon 2019 sale.

penguinstitle.jpg

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
er...he posted that it would be appearing "very soon".

It wasn't updated in the store when he posted.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Duh... NOW I get it. You mean it only took us a few hours for "soon" to happen" ;). I knew the update would be live today when Ken posted, but he didn't yet ;)

Desertsilver

Busy Bee
looking at your great turkeys and vultures I had to wonder why turkeys have naked necks and heads just like the vultures do...were turkeys once carrion birds?

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
The "naked" head and throat of the turkey may be strictly tied to mating. The head/neck region on the male will turn red (and sometimes white) within seconds during mating. I'm guessing the "red" color signals to the females that he's "available". I have an alternate "red" version of each male turkey in the set, as well as the normal male and female versions.

Vultures and condors are naked heads and throats are for much more practical reasons. They are carrion eaters. The naked faces and necks provide less chances to pick-up bacteria laden cling-ons.