• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Songbird Remix's Product Preview Thread

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Barheaded.jpg

The bar-headed goose is one of the world's highest-flying birds, having been heard flying across Mount Makalu – the fifth highest mountain on earth at 8,481 m (27,825 ft) – and apparently seen (unverified) over Mount Everest – 8,848 m (29,029 ft). Bar-headed geese have a slightly larger wing area for their weight than other geese, which is believed to help them fly at high altitudes.

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I had a tall order updating the 13 products (as part of my SBRM updates, part one) but I managed to get done.

On this wild goose chase I was sure that my goose was cooked with that looming deadline, and but somehow I've managed to goose my creative energy for one new product for Audubon event... after all, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Have I dropped enough hints what I'm working on?

Bar-headed Geese from Asia (firefly render)
barheaded.jpg

Cape Barrens Geese from Australia (firefly render)
CapeBarrensGoose.jpg

Harimau

Eager
View attachment 36711

The bar-headed goose is one of the world's highest-flying birds, having been heard flying across Mount Makalu – the fifth highest mountain on earth at 8,481 m (27,825 ft) – and apparently seen (unverified) over Mount Everest – 8,848 m (29,029 ft). Bar-headed geese have a slightly larger wing area for their weight than other geese, which is believed to help them fly at high altitudes.

Ever wondered why birds can fly at such high altitudes and bats can't? Bats have a bellows type of lungs like we have (being mammals). There is always a dead space, so there is always some oxygen left in the stale air that we exhale. Birds' lungs, on the other hand are extremely efficient. They have a system of two sets of air sacs. Their lungs DO NOT expand and contract like ours. As they inhale, the air sacs expand with fresh air entering the posterior air sacs and stale air from the lungs entering the anterior air sacs. As they exhale the air sacs contract with fresh air from the posterior air sacs being pumped into the lungs and stale air extruded to the exterior by the anterior air sacs. Thus the inhaled fresh air only move in one direction through the lungs and allows almost 100% of the oxygen to be absorbed. This brilliant animated gif shows you how it's done: Brilliant GIF shows how Humans, Birds and Insects Breathe

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Both of those are nice Ken, but I'm really liking the markings on the Red-Breasted Goose.

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Thanks, I purposely always pick a few "eye candy" birds for my sets, knowing that flashier birds are often preferred for 3D imagery. I personally am a LBB fan (little brown bird) ;)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Are you looking to ride one Stezza, or is it just because they're common Down Under? ;)