• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Songbird Remix's Product Preview Thread

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Friday starts the Great Backyard Bird Count
February 15-18

Help scientists count birds everywhere in the world. This count helps them figure out what species populations are diminishing and climbing. Through the data they collect, they can better figure out what birds need protection and our help.

GBBC | Great Backyard Bird Count

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Cool! I just signed up. Lots of birds here just hope they show up when I'm counting.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Oh hold on. There's two and a half feet of snow at my house. Hope it goes away before this starts.

DanaTA

Distinguished
I try to take part in this every year. In the past couple of years, I haven't always been able t afford to keep the feeder filled. Last year I had almost no birds showing up. It was very disappointing. One year I even had images from GBBC posted on my website to spread the word.

Dana

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I've decided to provide the full framework for the new SBRM library folder (DS and Poser versions).

www.empken.com/downloads/files/SBRM_LibraryFolders.zip

This includes ALL the Bird Library folders. A few folders have been renamed thanks to scientists who recently moved birds from one family order to another. Those scientists are always changing their minds... the Audubon's Warbler got renamed to the Yellow-rumped Warbler and now is back to being Audubon's Warbler. In addition, scientists are back to thinking herons, egrets and bitterns are in the pelican family while storks and cranes are in their own distinct families.

The biggest change for those of you who have Birds of Prey set(s). I originally included all birds of prey in one folder but when updating Vultures realized that Falcons, Kestrels, Hobbys and Caracaras needed to be in their own folder Birds of Prey1 (Order Falconiformes)-- everything else should be in the Birds of Prey2 (Order Accipitriformes) folder (these changes are in the download above). I'll eventually updates these on HW's end but probably not until I finish the entire series update.

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I got the same error Flint, and I checked, and it's a combo of HW's main site URL and the one Ken intended. Looks like Ken fixed the link. ;)

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
If anything, the library folders will show you where I'll be headed with future Songbird ReMix sets (yes, my goal is to fill each one of those categories).

You'll also notice the most deceiving folder in the library.... "Perching Birds (Order Passeriformes)". This "simply stated" folder will hold the majority of the existing SBRM sets. How big is Order Passeriformes? It makes up about 6,000 of the 10,000 bird species there are.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Thanks Ken, as it will be useful to get used to where your new birdies, and I'm assuming any updates of older products, will reside going forward. ;)

Miss B

CV-BEE
UNBELIEVABLE!!! I never would've thought of someone being able to do paper sculptures with such detail!!

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I thought it was pretty impressive work... Cornell Labs always seems to feature some pretty cool bird-related stuff in their monthly updates.