Songbird Remix's Product Preview Thread

Discussion in 'Show Me The Honey' started by Ken Gilliland, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Ken Gilliland

Ken Gilliland Extraordinary HW3D Exclusive Artist

Friday starts the Great Backyard Bird Count
    February 15-18

Help scientists count birds everywhere in the world. This count helps them figure out what species populations are diminishing and climbing. Through the data they collect, they can better figure out what birds need protection and our help.

GBBC | Great Backyard Bird Count

2. Janet

Janet Extraordinary Contributing Artist

Cool! I just signed up. Lots of birds here just hope they show up when I'm counting.

3. Janet

Janet Extraordinary Contributing Artist

Oh hold on. There's two and a half feet of snow at my house. Hope it goes away before this starts.

4. DanaTA

DanaTA Engaged

I try to take part in this every year. In the past couple of years, I haven't always been able t afford to keep the feeder filled. Last year I had almost no birds showing up. It was very disappointing. One year I even had images from GBBC posted on my website to spread the word.

Dana

5. Ken Gilliland

I've decided to provide the full framework for the new SBRM library folder (DS and Poser versions).

www.empken.com/downloads/files/SBRM_LibraryFolders.zip

This includes ALL the Bird Library folders. A few folders have been renamed thanks to scientists who recently moved birds from one family order to another. Those scientists are always changing their minds... the Audubon's Warbler got renamed to the Yellow-rumped Warbler and now is back to being Audubon's Warbler. In addition, scientists are back to thinking herons, egrets and bitterns are in the pelican family while storks and cranes are in their own distinct families.

The biggest change for those of you who have Birds of Prey set(s). I originally included all birds of prey in one folder but when updating Vultures realized that Falcons, Kestrels, Hobbys and Caracaras needed to be in their own folder Birds of Prey1 (Order Falconiformes)-- everything else should be in the Birds of Prey2 (Order Accipitriformes) folder (these changes are in the download above). I'll eventually updates these on HW's end but probably not until I finish the entire series update.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    Janet and Szark like this.
  6. Flint_Hawk

Flint_Hawk Ambitious

Ken, I'm getting an error message when I try your link.

7. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

I got the same error Flint, and I checked, and it's a combo of HW's main site URL and the one Ken intended. Looks like Ken fixed the link. ;)

8. Ken Gilliland

For some reason the link got extra "hivewire community' code added to it... it's fixed now

9. Miss B

Glad you noticed it Ken. I'll delete my reference to it, as now folks won't need it. :)

10. Flint_Hawk

Flint_Hawk Ambitious

Thanks for fixing!

11. Ken Gilliland

If anything, the library folders will show you where I'll be headed with future Songbird ReMix sets (yes, my goal is to fill each one of those categories).

You'll also notice the most deceiving folder in the library.... "Perching Birds (Order Passeriformes)". This "simply stated" folder will hold the majority of the existing SBRM sets. How big is Order Passeriformes? It makes up about 6,000 of the 10,000 bird species there are.

12. Miss B

Thanks Ken, as it will be useful to get used to where your new birdies, and I'm assuming any updates of older products, will reside going forward. ;)

13. Ken Gilliland

14. Szark

Szark Energetic

incredible

15. DanaTA

DanaTA Engaged

Wow!

Dana

16. Miss B

UNBELIEVABLE!!! I never would've thought of someone being able to do paper sculptures with such detail!!

17. JOdel

JOdel Extraordinary HW Honey Bear

Now that's impressive.

18. Flint_Hawk

Flint_Hawk Ambitious

That is an incredible artist Ken! Thank you for sharing!

19. Ken Gilliland

I thought it was pretty impressive work... Cornell Labs always seems to feature some pretty cool bird-related stuff in their monthly updates.

20. DanaTA

DanaTA Engaged

I just got that update on my smartphone today.

Dana