• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Songbird Remix's Product Preview Thread

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Here's another peak at the reworked Shorebirds (roseate spoonbills and a snowy egret in Iray)

Shorebirds v1.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'll say. If ever there were 2 totally different looking species, this is it. What a great photograph in any case. :)

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
My first "Wow!" bird turned me from a casual bird watcher into a full fledged "birder"... that's when I saw my first glimpse of the Bare-throated Tiger Heron while in Belize.

Here's my Iray rendition of it and the new main promo render for Shorebirds v2: Herons and Bitterns that will be re-released towards the end of the month.

leap frog leap.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
Very interesting looking Ken, and I wonder if that poor frog knows what it's in for. Hmmmm . . . ;)

Szark

Awesome
awesome image Ken. I wasn't much of a twitcher until I came back to the UK, my uncle took me to a local reverse so years ago and I was hooked. Haven't been many places since so all my birding has been in the UK. I suppose that is why I like doing nature renders more than anything else.

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
My first "WOW" bird was a Snowy Owl who perched in the White Birch in my front yard, when he lost his way in a very thick fog!

Szark

Awesome
I would have a job getting them to fly across the atlantic. LOL Though this isn't bird specific as most native species of flora will attach more fauna no matter where you live. They did a study on bee honey over here, which hasn't finished yet but it has showed native species are best even though the bees to visit non natives just not as much as the native species.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Finishing up the Shorebird v3 update with a render I call "Gossip column".

It depicts a group of Wandering Tattlers being confronted by a couple Great Knots. Admittedly, it's some fairly obtuse birder humor... a group of Wandering Tattlers is often called a "Whisper".

Gossip Column.jpg

Now, that I've finished the three volumes (after months of work), I decided rather than increasing the price on the updated volumes to new customers, to take the updated freebies I've done over the years for each volume and use them to make a fourth volume (adding in a half dozen new shorebirds to make a full set). I think that will offer enough compensation for my work on the updates and I'll probably be repeating the practice with the rest of the upcoming SBRM updates.

Last edited:

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Since were about a week away from you know what, I thought I'd share something new, new (not old, updated). Here are some Yellow-billed Spoonbills and a light morph Pacific Reef Heron foraging. There's a barely noticeable Australian Tiger (dragonfly) too.

v4 spoonbills.jpg

It's probably time to leak the contents of Shorebirds v4, so here it goes...

Cranes
  • Hooded Crane
  • Red-crowned Crane
  • Siberian Crane
  • White-naped Crane

Egrets and Herons
  • Chinese Egret (breeding/non-breeding)
  • Black Heron (breeding/non-breeding)
  • Pacific Reef Heron (Light and Dark Morphs)
  • Rufescent Tiger Heron
  • Tricolored Heron

Ibises
  • American White Ibis
  • Scarlet Ibis
  • Sharp-tailed Ibis

Spoonbills
  • Eurasian Spoonbill (breeding/non-breeding)
  • Yellow-billed Spoonbill (breeding/non-breeding)

Storks
  • Oriental Stork

Miss B

CV-BEE
Loving the render Ken, especially the DoF. I'm having trouble picking out the dragonfly though. ;)

Miss B

CV-BEE
I'll be damned! I thought that was a piece of vegetation, like part of a lily pad. Your eyes are better than mine Dana. ;)