• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Songbird Remix's Product Preview Thread

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Looks good. The showerheed is outside the frame. The plumbing looks quite reasonable. My recollection of my grandparents' house (built around 1921) didn't have a mixer faucet or a shower. But otherwise was a fair match.

eclark1894

Visionary
Looks good. The showerheed is outside the frame. The plumbing looks quite reasonable. My recollection of my grandparents' house (built around 1921) didn't have a mixer faucet or a shower. But otherwise was a fair match.
Growing up, my sister lived in a house with that kind of tub. No shower and I think the plumbing was pretty standard for the times.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
My grandfather's house, which wasn't as old, had a tub but no shower, they had gotten a handheld kind of shower that fit over the tub's faucet.

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
To answer some questions... tubs became popular and fairly common in houses after 1880... shower attachments didn't become widespread until the 1930-40s. I've chosen to have the shower attachment because I think it will add to the model.

I'm sure the plumbing is correct because I've looked at a dozen different types of connections for clawfoots on the web. I've purposely chosen a non-modern version-- most of the modern versions come up from the side of the tub, a few from the "foot" end of the tub and have hand held sprayers for the "shower".

Last edited:

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
finished the model, next the true terror... making the shower curtain work via rigging and morphs

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-08 094851.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-12-08 094851.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 156
  • Screenshot 2022-12-08 094923.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-12-08 094923.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 148

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
While the Vintage Furnishings set is being beta checked, I decided to finish up the updated versions of Seashore House. Both, I'm hoping to have in the Renderosity store by the end of the year.

So what are the changes in that and what is new?
  • Many of the texture maps edited and enhanced to 4K
  • Minor geometry corrections to model
  • Model coding/rigging enhanced to put all controls in main BODY section (mostly doors open/closing)
  • Some new materials (the set now contains 221 material settings-- most of which allow you to dramatically repaint the exterior)
  • New lighting preset (contains exterior environmental lights and a separate light for every room)-- lighting wasn't included in the original set
  • and, of course, Superfly and Iray support (plus it's original 3DL and Firefly support)
I've attached some of the new promos (all rendered in Iray) so you can see the exterior color versatility...

Attachments

• SSH_Promo02.jpg
    SSH_Promo02.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 140
  • SSH_Promo03.jpg
    SSH_Promo03.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 127
  • SSH_Promo04.jpg
    SSH_Promo04.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 121
  • SSH_Promo06.jpg
    SSH_Promo06.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I'm primarily a Poser user and my FF/SF renders look good,... but I tend to choose Iray renders for most of my promos because they're noticeably a notch higher-- its something about the iray lighting

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
It's not a bad idea anyway, as there are a lot of DS users on Renderosity who don't always use large prop scenes in their renders, but just might like this set for a full scene with one, or more, of their Genesis characters, especially with G9 who's brand new.

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I've been updating my "Swan" car and thought I'd share a couple of the Iray images because I was pretty pleased with the progress (especially the dashboard render). Night and day differences from that first firefly version.

If you haven't seen it before, I did a small promo video when I first released it in 2013. I guess I'll have to redo it with this updated version

elegant swan iray7c.jpg

Attachments

• elegant swan iray.jpg
    elegant swan iray.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 125
  • elegant swan iray4.jpg
    elegant swan iray4.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 123