• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Songbird Remix Product updates for products purchased at DAZ 3D

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
I've never weighed in on the piracy issue because, back when I first started in 3D in 2004, I googled for free stuff, ending up at the legitimate sites and the piracy sites, not even knowing what they were and downloaded heaps of stuff. It wasn't for a really long time that I knew I had illegal stuff on my computer and had a lot of purchasing to do to legitimise it. Even now I will go to use something, look at it crosseyed and go and check its providence. Ninety-nine times out of a hundred it's legitimate but the hundredth time I have another purchase to make. Sometimes I'm convinced I bought it and keep checking and checking before I hand over the dough. I don't think that anyone would not know about piracy sites like I didn't as these days it's in the news so much but back then, it wasn't high profile and I was an internet raw beginner. So I keep quiet because I cannot throw stones.

Last edited:

sandman_max

Thanks for this wonderful opportunity, Ken. Fortunately (for whoever is keying it in), it's short. And I can go buy new bird knowing that my base stock isn't hopelessly outdated.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
I'm the one creating the orders :). Glad we can help, and welcome to the Hive, Sandman_Max!!

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Thanks for this wonderful opportunity, Ken. Fortunately (for whoever is keying it in), it's short. And I can go buy new bird knowing that my base stock isn't hopelessly outdated.

Yes, you can, all the birds work fine in their current sets, but that doesn't stop me from continually trying to improve existing products... The last big update occurred in April 2013 but they'll be another one coming later this summer... and as always all of my updates are free

Last edited:

sandman_max

Actually it was my horse. And Max was my cat and I keep calling Max Sandman and Sandman Max and one of them stuck. Nobody's ever asked before. :)

Edit: but I do love the song - the one from the 50's (and Back to the Future).

Damsel

New-Bee
I believe I have everything saved to my external drive that I purchased at DAZ and I think the only bird I have puchased here so far is the eagle. I love your birds Ken and have raised many parrots. Still have my Congo Grey Gabby and a Blue Front Amazon named Larry. I want a Scarlet Macaw and searching through all of the packs I only see one in two of the expensive groupings that I can't afford. Are they in a smaller pack that I am missing Ken or anyone? Thanks for any help! Kath

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Now here's a familiar face I haven't seen in a while.

Welcome to the HiveWire forums Damsel. :)

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I believe I have everything saved to my external drive that I purchased at DAZ and I think the only bird I have puchased here so far is the eagle. I love your birds Ken and have raised many parrots. Still have my Congo Grey Gabby and a Blue Front Amazon named Larry. I want a Scarlet Macaw and searching through all of the packs I only see one in two of the expensive groupings that I can't afford. Are they in a smaller pack that I am missing Ken or anyone? Thanks for any help! Kath

The five macaws I have are all in larger "themed" sets (sorry, no small sets like the birds of prey series)... The easiest way to see what I have is through my bird encyclopedia/wiki. You'll find macaws in the Central American and South American sections... Eventually, I'll do a second all parrot volume with more macaws...