Songbird Remix Product updates for products purchased at DAZ 3D

Discussion in 'Product Updates' started by Alisa, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Lorraine

Lorraine The Wicked Witch of the North CV-BEE

I've never weighed in on the piracy issue because, back when I first started in 3D in 2004, I googled for free stuff, ending up at the legitimate sites and the piracy sites, not even knowing what they were and downloaded heaps of stuff. It wasn't for a really long time that I knew I had illegal stuff on my computer and had a lot of purchasing to do to legitimise it. Even now I will go to use something, look at it crosseyed and go and check its providence. Ninety-nine times out of a hundred it's legitimate but the hundredth time I have another purchase to make. Sometimes I'm convinced I bought it and keep checking and checking before I hand over the dough. I don't think that anyone would not know about piracy sites like I didn't as these days it's in the news so much but back then, it wasn't high profile and I was an internet raw beginner. So I keep quiet because I cannot throw stones.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
  2. Kerya

Kerya Eager

Thanks for this offer!
    I was wondering about how to get updates ...

3. sandman_max

sandman_max Motivated

Thanks for this wonderful opportunity, Ken. Fortunately (for whoever is keying it in), it's short. And I can go buy new bird knowing that my base stock isn't hopelessly outdated.

4. Alisa

Alisa HW3D QAV Queen Bee Staff Member QAV-BEE

I'm the one creating the orders :). Glad we can help, and welcome to the Hive, Sandman_Max!!

5. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

Welcome to the HiveWire forums from me as well. :)

6. Ken Gilliland

Ken Gilliland Extraordinary HW3D Exclusive Artist

Yes, you can, all the birds work fine in their current sets, but that doesn't stop me from continually trying to improve existing products... The last big update occurred in April 2013 but they'll be another one coming later this summer... and as always all of my updates are free

Last edited: May 1, 2016
    Riccardo likes this.
  7. Alisa

Ken rocks!

Ken Gilliland likes this.
  8. Miss B

That he does. ;)

9. Sunfire

Sunfire One Busy Little Bee QAV-BEE Contributing Artist

And here I thought he soared like the birds he makes for us.

10. Lorraine

Welcome, Sandman! Isn't that a song title?

11. Sunfire

Sunfire One Busy Little Bee QAV-BEE Contributing Artist

I think it's Enter Sandman. ;)

Lorraine likes this.
  12. Satira Capriccio

Satira Capriccio Distinguished CV-BEE Contributing Artist

Thanks Ken!

You do rock!

As does Alisa!

13. sandman_max

sandman_max Motivated

Actually it was my horse. And Max was my cat and I keep calling Max Sandman and Sandman Max and one of them stuck. Nobody's ever asked before. :)

Edit: but I do love the song - the one from the 50's (and Back to the Future).

Lorraine likes this.
  14. Alisa

That, too!

Awww, thanks! :)

15. Lorraine

That's right! My brain has got to a stage where it remembers bits but not alls :)

16. Pendraia

Pendraia Seasoned Contributing Artist

Welcome Sandman...

17. Damsel

Damsel New-Bee

I believe I have everything saved to my external drive that I purchased at DAZ and I think the only bird I have puchased here so far is the eagle. I love your birds Ken and have raised many parrots. Still have my Congo Grey Gabby and a Blue Front Amazon named Larry. I want a Scarlet Macaw and searching through all of the packs I only see one in two of the expensive groupings that I can't afford. Are they in a smaller pack that I am missing Ken or anyone? Thanks for any help! Kath

Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
  18. Miss B

Now here's a familiar face I haven't seen in a while.

Welcome to the HiveWire forums Damsel. :)

19. Ken Gilliland

Ken Gilliland Extraordinary HW3D Exclusive Artist

The five macaws I have are all in larger "themed" sets (sorry, no small sets like the birds of prey series)... The easiest way to see what I have is through my bird encyclopedia/wiki. You'll find macaws in the Central American and South American sections... Eventually, I'll do a second all parrot volume with more macaws...

20. Pendraia

Pendraia Seasoned Contributing Artist

Welcome to the Hive Damsel...