• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Songbird Remix Product updates for products purchased at DAZ 3D

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
From songbirdremix.com

Purchases through DAZ3D (2002-2013):
HiveWire 3D (my current publisher) will honor your Songbird ReMix purchases at DAZ for updates provided you open a HiveWire 3D account and provide some form of Proof of Purchase (such as a screen capture of the Songbird ReMix packages you own listed in the DAZ Download Manager or your DAZ account Page). Email Ken with the screen capture and the email your HiveWire 3D account is under and he'll get the updated files linked to your HiveWire 3D account.

Ken's email address is

empken-at-empken.com

Replace -at- with @

Purchases through HiveWire 3D (after June 2013): All Songbird ReMix volumes were last updated as of July 1, 2013 on Hivewire.

After that date, updates are posted in the update threads in this forum and at Ken's site.

Example from DIM..

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
So we should do this as a matter of course, or only if we know there's been an update? Were all his packs earlier than June of 2013 updated?

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Good question, Miss B, I'd like to know too.

PS thanks a big bunch to HW for doing this, once again putting their peeps first :)

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
You're very welcome. Kudos to Ken, Chris & Lisa for choosing to do this!

The download page at Ken's site lists all the ones updated when brought over here. Not sure what things were updated in them at that time. I think most of these were minor changes.

There have been a few more major changes like the Owls & Penguins, and as time goes on there might be more updates, so I think it can't hurt to request that they all be added to your account in one order.

Please be patient if you request this, as I create these orders manually, in between other things, so it may take me a little time to get done :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK, I'll check his site to see. I only purchased one product a couple of months before, so won't be much, and it probably didn't have much in the way of changes, if any, to it.

Edited to Add: OK I just checked, and the set I had purchased at DAZ has no updates listed on Ken's site. Should I send him my proof of purchase just in case there are ever any updates in the future?

Last edited:

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I've heard from several sources that many of the links to my products in the download manager are dead links now, so part of this program is to provided an alternative back-up source. I suggest listing all the products of mine you bought at DAZ in the DAZ-to-HW transfer request.

Now saying that, remember Hivewire has to manually add the products to your accounts in addition to tending to their normal jobs, so it may take a few days to to week to get the products transferred.

What's been updated and what hasn't?
(List Updated October 2020)

Major Changes:
(geometry, model and textures updated with Iray/superfly render support added)
  • Birds of Prey v1-Falcons, Kestrels and Hobbys
  • Birds of Prey v2-Hawks of the Old World
  • Birds of Prey v3-Hawks of the New World
  • Birds of Prey v4-Eagles of the World
  • Birds of Prey v5-More Falcons, Hawks and Eagles
  • Condors
  • Flock Formations (now called "Flock Formations v1")
  • Flock Formations v2
  • Gamebirds v1
  • Hanging Gardens of Nimrud
  • Hummingbird Garden
  • Nightjars
  • Ostriches
  • Owls v1
  • Owls v2
  • Penguins
  • Parrots of the World (now called "Parrots v1")
  • Shorebirds v1-Wading Birds
  • Shorebirds v2-Herons
  • Shorebirds v3-Small Waders
  • Toucans v1
  • Toucans v2
  • Vultures v1
  • Vultures v2
  • Waterlily Garden
  • Waterfowl v1-Dabbling Ducks
  • Waterfowl v2-Diving and Sea Ducks
  • Waterfowl v3-Swans of the World
  • Waterfowl v4- Geese, Loons and Grebes
  • Wild Turkey

Minor changes:
  • Safari Camp- Poser materials were revised, some geometry errors corrected and a DAZ Studio 3Delight version was created.
  • Africa- DAZ Studio 3Delight corrected
  • Perching Places- some minor geometry errors corrected.
  • Hawai'i- owl model reworked for the Audubon 2015 sale (This doesn't have the latest revised Owl model)
  • Australia3- owl model reworked for the Audubon 2015 sale (This doesn't have the latest revised Owl model)
  • Weapons of Lua- Dawn and Dusk compatibility added.

Apart from this list, I would say if there's an error in one of your sets, let me know and send the proof of purchase, and I'll get it fixed and updated.

Last edited:

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Thanks, Ken!

We initially got everyone's orders done just for the major updated products. Will work my way through those of you who were already on the list as soon as I can to add ALL the products into your product history.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Wow. That's getting rather... Yeah.

Wanders off to get proof of purchases for the few things I'd gotten elsewhere...

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well, I only bought Corvus Corvus at DAZ a month or so before you left Ken, and I see there hasn't been an update for it.

I don't recall if I have the set installed on this newish laptop, so will do that and check to make sure everything's working OK. I know I have 2 renders, one Bryce, and one DS, I originally did with Ron's Birds brushes, which I've always wanted to redo with Corvus Corvus. I guess it's time to do just that. ;)

Thalek

Inspired
Well, I want to say THANK YOU to the staff members who got stuck processing the huge submission I made shortly after I first heard about it. I have most of Ken's birds, and about two thirds or so were originally purchased on Daz. It took some heroic work to plug in that list, and I thank the person who did it. (I'd've done it for you if I could have, honest!)

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
In that case...welcome back to the Hive :) You get a welcome regardless if you come up a New Bee :geek:

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Welcome back, Thalek, and you're very welcome - that would be me :)

Still working my way through these in between other things ;)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Welcome back from me as well Thalek, good to see you back at the Hive. ;)

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
My name doesn't appear anywhere on the Account Product Library page, so while I can get a list of the Songbird products I purchased from DAZ, it doesn't really show that those purchases are mine.

I do have order numbers and order dates for everything purchased, so what is the best way to proceed? Do I need to open each order and screenshot that? Of course, the product name is like a really light grey so it doesn't stand out against the white page.

(I don't have download manager installed on my computer)

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
My name doesn't appear anywhere on the Account Product Library page, so while I can get a list of the Songbird products I purchased from DAZ, it doesn't really show that those purchases are mine.

I do have order numbers and order dates for everything purchased, so what is the best way to proceed? Do I need to open each order and screenshot that? Of course, the product name is like a really light grey so it doesn't stand out against the white page.

(I don't have download manager installed on my computer)

Screen captures of each order would be an acceptable way, although clicking the Product Library icon (on your account) and sorting by name would be simpler. DAZ shares almost none of the purchase information with it's PAs so I'd had no way to verify an order number anyways. I'm partially using the honesty policy here... I realize that people could photoshop their download manager or product library screens or the fake the order-- for that matter-- if somebody wants to lift a product that bad from me, so be it. It's sort of the same philosophy I have about pirating, I hope people don't since I'm barely making a living at this as it is, but if they do... hopefully the pirated product ends up getting them interested in birds and somehow contributing to protect them.