• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Two Zebra Finches

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
10103_cu3-main.jpg
The Bird of the Month for February is Songbird ReMix Cool and Unusual 3

Common_Redpoll_50803_Kathleen_Payne_MN2018_300px.jpg
February 14th kicks of the
Great Backyard Bird Count

For at least 15 minutes on one or more days of the count, February 14-17, 2020, simply tally the numbers and kinds of birds you see. You can count from any location, anywhere in the world, for as long as you wish!

Get more information and sign up here.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I love owls... last night, I had the Great Horned hooting at me as well as the Western Screech Owl screeching. Two different owls at the same time-- pretty cool, and bad news for the field mice population that rob our bird feeders at night.

Found in SBRM Owls V1

Found in SBRM Owls V1

Klaus Sauer

Admirable
To be honest, I would have preferred an older product from the SBRM range as bird of the month.

Normally, relatively current products come several times into your sale. Instead, here comes an SBRM package that was released only recently and should have been purchased by many of your regular customers.

Not a good choice in my view, unfortunately. But you will have your reasons.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I do have reasons... this particular set (which I consider to have some of my best work) was overlooked when it was released (even by most of my regular customers). With the Gamebirds v1 update out and Gamebirds v3 very close to being released, this set fits well for this month and a well deserved second look.

I'll also add that there is another reason why there almost wasn't a "Bird of the Month" this month and won't be one next month; simply because it's April (my regulars know what that means) ;)

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'll also add that there is another reason why there almost wasn't a "Bird of the Month" this month and won't be one next month; simply because because it's April (my regulars know what that means) ;)
Oh, we most certainly do. :D

Klaus Sauer

Admirable
I'll also add that there is another reason why there almost wasn't a "Bird of the Month" this month and won't be one next month; simply because it's April (my regulars know what that means)

Oops ... I know what you mean ... I'm sorry that I forget that. And I was really surprised, that the Gamebirds was overlooked. Thanks for explain this.

Klaus Sauer

Admirable
I don't really like it when I put a new posting of myself directly after a previous post. But I would be interested to know if there will be another Bird of the Month in July?

LisaB

Staff member
Co-Founder
September Bird of the Month is

10077-title.jpg

Songbird ReMix Amazon journeys into the deep rainforests amongst the lost empires of the Olmecs, Mayans, and Toltecs. Although this collection is a small sampling of the over 2,000 different bird species found in the Amazon Basin, the 17 species represented still provide a broad range of birds and were chosen for uniqueness and visual interest. From hermits to jacamars, macaws to parrots and trogons to the spectacular Umbrellabird; each of these birds are worthy centerpieces in any form of imagery.

Bananaquit (Coereba flaveola)Spanish name: Reinita Mielera, Cazadorcita, Picaflor
In the lowlands, the Bananaquit is most common in semi-open to shrubby areas; at middle elevations it searches for flowers in the canopy and edges of moist to wet forests. This bird also forges in areas used by humans, such as clearings ... (Read More)

Trogons Nest with Wasps
January 13, 2020The "Violaceous" Trogon (recently split into three species), which nests in Mexico, Central America, and northern South America, often excavates its dwelling within a large, active wasp or termite nest. It begins by devouring some of the insects, then digs a cavity large enough to ... (Read More)

LisaB

Staff member
Co-Founder
October's Bird of the Month is Songbird Remix Hawaii

10102_hawaii-main.jpg

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
To celebrate and learn more about the birds of Hawaii, you can join
a virtual birding tour of the Hakalau Forest National Wildlife Refuge.

5th Annual
HAWAI'I ISLAND
FESTIVAL OF BIRDS
OCTOBER 15-19, 2020
VIRTUAL EVENT

Here's a sneak peek of the Virtual Tour
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here are some of Ken's photos of Hakalau from his 2012 Hawaii birding trip:

DSCN0204a.JPG

DSCN0195.JPG

Birds of the Big Island

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Mahalo! The virtual Hawaiian Bird Festival on the big island of Hawai'i starts today through the weekend (15th-18th).

Join me and others as we hike the trails of one of the the most magical places in the world, the Hakalau Forest National Preserve

Hawaiʻi Island Festival of Birds -