• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Merry Christmas :inverted: :flower02:

thought you had left the planet for a while there ... hope all is well and that you have a safe and a great New Year :balloon03:

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
@skylab you are fairly knowledgeable with Poser's Libray right? I am having difficulty with the external library in two versions of Poser (2012 and 2014) on a Windows 7 64 bit machine and am having trouble finding any info on fixing it. I stumbled on your early posts regarding switching to the external library, but the trouble I am having is with the external library. I know this was discussed somewhere at length years ago, but at that time I was not having trouble with my installs on the machines they were on - now I have been forced to reinstall on a Windows 7 Machine, and things are not playing nice. If you think you could help I can describe in greater detail or through private messages.

skylab

Esteemed
Hi everyone...I am attempting this post on a mobile phone...something I swore I would never do. Oh well, necessity dictates. I have been out of the loop for awhile with health issues. Long story short, I am now living in a rehab facility learning to walk again. So far there is no space for a computer workstation, so I am stuck with using a phone for the time being. Just wanted to stop by and say hello and explain my lengthy absence.

I am getting stronger and making some progress a step at a time. Hope all is well with everyone

skylab

Terre

Renowned
Hi Sky! I agree. You've been missed. As far as phones go.... I know several people who post using them instead of computers. I don't blame you for preferring a computer but at least you can now reach out.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hi everyone...I am attempting this post on a mobile phone...something I swore I would never do. Oh well, necessity dictates. I have been out of the loop for awhile with health issues. Long story short, I am now living in a rehab facility learning to walk again. So far there is no space for a computer workstation, so I am stuck with using a phone for the time being. Just wanted to stop by and say hello and explain my lengthy absence.

I am getting stronger and making some progress a step at a time. Hope all is well with everyone
Oh my goodness, it's been so long since we've communicated one-on-one, I didn't realize you hadn't been here for a while!!

That said, I can understand what you're going through. I spent 3 months in a rehabilitation and nursing center from the end of January through the end of April, and for someone who's always here on the forum at one time or another every day, that was very strange. I've also been progressing since I've been home, though walking wasn't my problem. They did give me a walker when I left so, weather permitting, I'm out walking every day. Exercise is always a good thing.

Anyway, even though you don't like using your mobile phone (I know, the text is often too difficult to read), but please do stop in for a few minutes when you can and let us know how you're doing.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Miss B ...sorry to hear you have also been dealing with rehab. When one has always been independent, it is a major adjustment allowing so much help with everything...and giving up driving was hard to do. Walkers usually are a help, but I even managed to fall using those...so when my legs went, even canes or walkers no longer worked. So I am taking one day at a time, getting a little stronger each day. My brother is trying to locate a laptop for me, so maybe I could play a little with 3D, and navigate easier online.

I saw in another post where Terre was MIA for awhile, apparently due to computer issues. If you see this post Terre, just touching base to let everyone know that I am okay. Received an email from Elynda today

skylab

skylab

Esteemed
Well, I should have scrolled up...then I would have seen Terre and Janet already responded. Hey guys...I sure have missed you. And yes, I am thankful for a way to keep in touch ...even though it is a small screen with tiny print, and do not get me started about virtual keyboards...haha

skylab

Esteemed
Just for an old laugh

roach-hopper-ani-final-480x540.gif

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That does look interesting, but too large for me to use anywhere here. I don't live in a private home, so getting around in my apartment, and anywhere else in the building with that wouldn't be easy.

What I did instead, was to get rid of the tennis balls on the back of my regular walker, and then add wheels like the ones on the front of the walker, so I can move a lot easier and faster. Amazon sells the wheels as "replacements" for the front wheels if needed, but one of the aids from the rehab/nursing center where I was for 3 months earlier this year told me about the replacements, and I really like them.

For destinations close to where I live, I use a Quad Cane, which is a cane with 4 defined feet, which I find much sturdier than those old types of canes that didn't have them. I remember borrowing one years ago when a sprained my ankle, and I really didn't like it. The Quad Cane is much better, and easier to use.

Hornet3d

Wise
That does look interesting, but too large for me to use anywhere here. I don't live in a private home, so getting around in my apartment, and anywhere else in the building with that wouldn't be easy.

What I did instead, was to get rid of the tennis balls on the back of my regular walker, and then add wheels like the ones on the front of the walker, so I can move a lot easier and faster. Amazon sells the wheels as "replacements" for the front wheels if needed, but one of the aids from the rehab/nursing center where I was for 3 months earlier this year told me about the replacements, and I really like them.

For destinations close to where I live, I use a Quad Cane, which is a cane with 4 defined feet, which I find much sturdier than those old types of canes that didn't have them. I remember borrowing one years ago when a sprained my ankle, and I really didn't like it. The Quad Cane is much better, and easier to use.

Both my knees are shot and, although I can walk a fair distance unaided, it is not a enjoyable exercise. Only started using a walking stick in the last few months and it does help a great deal but I know the situation can only get worse over time. I had looked at the quad canes that you mention and I may give that a try, all I have at present is a normal walking stick, foldable stick that was gifted to me and stays in the car and finally,, a monopod walking stick cross. The latter is on used when I am out with the camera as, like a lot of such items it does neither function that well.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre...that walking bike looks interesting. I was mostly using a rolling office chair around the apartment to do housework and navigate dealing with groceries and laundry, but I finally wore it out, and I could never find a replacement chair that was low enough or felt right...but rolling definitely worked for me. If I can eventually graduate from the wheelchair, I like the idea of movement and exercise using the legs. Six months ago I had about lost it all, and it took a month of rehab before I could sit up in the bed on my own. Now I can stand briefly and pivot to get in a wheelchair, with assistance. I still require assistance with basic tasks, especially on cold days like today. Arthritic changes in my shoulders complicate being able to rely on the upper body strength I once had...and being naturally stubborn and independent has made the journey interesting. I do have excellent nurses who have been patient. Change is frustrating...and close friends who have been helping me with the transition would be quick to say that I am amusingly set in my ways.

Sounds like others of you have had your set of challenges too. I know what Miss B is saying about apartment space. My canes, grabbers and walker took up so much space that there was no room for a wheelchair. And I agree, the quad cane is the way to go....and I used them before I started falling so much. I tried the walker for awhile, but I ended up in the floor with it on top of me...and all I could say when the rescue squad folks arrived was oops...no use losing a sense of humor over it...haha.

Hornet3d

Wise
Hey Terre...that walking bike looks interesting. I was mostly using a rolling office chair around the apartment to do housework and navigate dealing with groceries and laundry, but I finally wore it out, and I could never find a replacement chair that was low enough or felt right...but rolling definitely worked for me. If I can eventually graduate from the wheelchair, I like the idea of movement and exercise using the legs. Six months ago I had about lost it all, and it took a month of rehab before I could sit up in the bed on my own. Now I can stand briefly and pivot to get in a wheelchair, with assistance. I still require assistance with basic tasks, especially on cold days like today. Arthritic changes in my shoulders complicate being able to rely on the upper body strength I once had...and being naturally stubborn and independent has made the journey interesting. I do have excellent nurses who have been patient. Change is frustrating...and close friends who have been helping me with the transition would be quick to say that I am amusingly set in my ways.

Sounds like others of you have had your set of challenges too. I know what Miss B is saying about apartment space. My canes, grabbers and walker took up so much space that there was no room for a wheelchair. And I agree, the quad cane is the way to go....and I used them before I started falling so much. I tried the walker for awhile, but I ended up in the floor with it on top of me...and all I could say when the rescue squad folks arrived was oops...no use losing a sense of humor over it...haha.
I always think if you can manage to laugh at the trials and tribulations it does help to some degree. Compared with stories of others here I seem to be in and easier position at present, certainly as regards moving around. Sadly though there it not just my moving around that is the issue thanks to me having been a type 2 diabetic for twenty years or more. I know the diabetes has begun to damage my eyes and sores that appear on my leg are painful and take a long time to heal. Having said that a chemist that used to deal with my prescriptions would say to me that my ailments are the occupational habits stemming from staying alive so I do have to count my blessings as well.