• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Wow Terre....that would be something if they did survive :) I started out with a small reel to reel when I was eight or nine, and loved it so much that I moved up to a really nice reel to reel that handled the big stuff. I think that's where I got my love of recording and messing with wires, cross dubbing and getting creative. I did the same with cassettes. It just hasn't been the same since tapes were phased out. I still have cassette decks that can plug into the hard drive and record original content through Audacity into MP3 format. I'm glad I learned what to do the "old way" so that I have more understanding of what's happening when I use the computer studio....but I do miss the "old way".

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
Jo is riveted to the weather channel today, watching the Isaias storm updates and watching the waves rolling in at the various east coast beaches. Yes, he really is watching cable, I'm not kidding....here are a few pics...he's been watching it all morning....and through the weekend...haha. I'm starting to call him Dreamsicle, he stands so much :) He's got Nemo stuff on top his tank to weight down the top because he tries occasionally to jump for it, or more like a leap, hitting his head.

fish-stand1.jpg
fish-stand2.jpg

Jo-weather-channel.jpg

dreamsicle.jpg

Terre

Renowned
It sounds like he finds the movement fascinating. That photo really gives a better sense of scael than I've had before. He is pretty big for a goldfish.

skylab

Esteemed
Yeah, movement and colors....he likes it when I play the Bejeweled video game on the computer beside his tank. Not so much sound, but rather rhythm, I think he picks up on that also sometimes, and swims figure 8's when he's happy.

And yes, it's difficult to tell his size, since he's half tail and half body. When he stands, you're seeing the body half, and the huge tail is curled under him.

JO--SWIM,gif.gif

skylab

Esteemed
Well I just spent time picking out Jo's Christmas present...since it obviously means a lot to him, and I don't want to have the 32 inch cable TV on non-stop, I've ordered Jo his own tiny RCA color TV. Since it also has VGA pc capability, it will be our shared Christmas this year :) He had a 19 inch in my old kitchen that had a great picture but I gave it away during the move, not realizing that he would miss it this much. The new replacement will probably arrive in about a week. I had to search for hours to find just the right thing, since I did not want a new Smart TV....those things are a pain...they have weird remotes with small buttons and the hook-ups in the back on newer TV's leave off some important stuff, like standard VGA, and audio for headsets, and even in some cases fail to have RCA plug hook-ups. The older, well-equipped flat screens with full sized remotes and buttons one can actually see, are getting harder to find, so I was relieved to finally locate just the right thing. It's worth it to keep my faithful little room mate happy :)

:angel:

skylab

Esteemed
A friend of mine, who's passed away now, used to keep a large screen TV on all day for her cat, so he could "hear voices to keep him company". I used to ponder that and wonder....okay, whatever. Now here I am, getting a small portable for my fish. Hmmmm....I can't lay it on being "crazy cat lady"....must be Covid-19, stuck-in-the-house-for-months, cabin fever....haha. Oh well, better a bowl of soup with my fishy friend than an expensive meal with a lot of people I've known....haha...so I'll pamper him while I can :)

SIAMESE - HW CAT.jpg

JO-GOLDFISH---2018--450x359.jpg

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Looks like he'll need a bigger tank soon.

I just got one, I still have to set up. Looks similar size to yours (a bit more narrow tho). Going to get guppies as I've never had them before.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I had a cat that used to like to watch the Nature channel. I left it on for her when I went to work.

I didn't realize fish had so much personality.