• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Hope all is well for you Terre :) We're having very rainy days here, following the hurricane that passed through recently. Two things that I've been thinking would help in the struggle against Covid is lots of wind, and lots of rain. It won't help individuals who are infected, but it would make outdoor activity a little safer, at least for awhile, if for no other reason than finally driving some of the kids and folks who resent wearing masks back in the house so that personal contact is reduced. If we had sincerely taken all this seriously from the beginning, we would'nt be in the mess we're in now....but it's never too late to do the right thing. We're sure getting the rain now....several days of it, so much that we're getting some local flooding apparently since I keep seeing desktop severe weather alerts. I was able to get out and load up with groceries during the break between the hurricane and the start of the frequent rain. Prior to that we had been in a long heat wave. Seems like everything is coming in extremes this year.

:angel:

skylab

Esteemed
HIVEWIRE TIGER ANI.gif

Linda B

Extraordinary
Pretty kitty.

We need rain here very much. Hubby fell and broke his hip, so I've been busy playing nurse and doing everything around the house.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Linda....I've been wondering how you were doing, and sounds like you've had your hands full. Sorry about the fall, and it has to be a challenge for him recovering from something like that. Hang in there girl! We've missed seeing you....but I certainly understand when real life stuff totally fills your plate and you just have to go with it....priorities get realigned for a season. Get rest so that you can be strong through his recovery...and we'll love seeing you when you get a few minutes to pop in and say hello...and maybe post an occasional render if you get a little time for creativity :) That's pretty much what I'm doing now...when I see something exceptional and I can't help but try it out...like the tiger kitty....and CWRW's Siamese kitty...textures that are so well done, they pretty much render themselves. I had not done any animation since December of last year, but the tiger was just begging to snarl at me, so it baited me into giving it a try. I figured sooner or later something would grab my attention and interest, as it has always done. I find that I still tire easily...the rapid move was tough, with being pushed by a Covid-19 lockdown deadline. So creativity has been something that I couldn't make happen. One of the administrators here at the retirement home asked me about writing a poem about lockdown, and at first I respectfully declined, since I knew that would take steam that I just didn't have....but then the next morning, when I woke up, phrases and ideas kept rolling across my mind, and within a couple of hours, I'd written the longest poem ever, much to my surprise. So I'm just chillin', and allowing things to happen in their natural course, as creativity finally wakes from its very long nap. And I bet the same thing will happen with you...in its time. We love you :)

:angel:

Terre

Renowned
I enjoy seeing both of you ladies but don't want either of you to push yourselves too hard.
Linda, I hope the hip healing goes smoothly.
Sky, it's good to see you coming up with a couple of things. Your ideas are worth the wait.

skylab

Esteemed
Messing with Gilbert the Goldfish....I always have had trouble with rendering his front fins...something about the dark shadow around the edge. The only fix seems to be twisting them so that it's not as bad.

GILBERT GOLDFISH - superfly p11.jpg