• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Render of Birth of Creation finally completed in just under 12 hours. Have a good evening everyone :)

Birth-of-Creation.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Stezza, next time you swing through, I'd love to know where you got the "blue fish" in your "CP is Closing" render. I found a clown fish in the BlendSwap models. I would have asked in that thread, but it looks like things are heading toward a hissy fit...haha. I'll search to see if I can find the "blue fish", but thought I would ask, in case you swing through again :)

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
Shaun the Sheep by Albin on BlendSwap took about an hour and 40 minutes to render. His arms, legs and head are modeled, and his body appears to be just a ball of hair. It's interesting...if that would work in Poser, then just an oval shape with a "do" in the hair room might could provide enough of a body for parented limbs so that my prop rigging method would work perfectly, since the only problem areas are usually under the arm pits...but in that case, the arm pits would be hair....hmmm....something to try after I've had some rest later today :)

Shaun-the-Sheep-render.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Stezza, I just breezed through your thread quickly and was amazed at all the characters you've modeled and rigged...you're doing exactly what I've been longing to do. You've done so many, including "Ralph and Sam" and the sheep...even the time clock. And the "blue fish" you probably modeled and rigged yourself. I'd say you were the master at toon figure creation...and apparently every bit of it has been done in Carrara. I downloaded two of your models that were attached to the thread...Buzz and then Sam on page 11 :) Will try them out later today!

And I see there is a Carrara thread about rigging in addition to your Wacky Modeling in Carrara thread. I bet you get a chuckle out of me talking about wanting to do these things, when you've already been doing it probably for quite some time...haha.

:coding:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hey Hey, well done! :applause:

I customized my own theme by tweaking everything in the User Preferences, but that takes time, though I was able to save it so I can reuse it again if/when necessary.

Only thing I would suggest is you should drag the Properties section down and give your Outliner section some more room. That's like the Hierarchy Editor in Poser, and/or the Scene Tab in DS. It lists everything in your scene, so having more of it showing will help with larger projects.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Miss B :) I'm back from my nap, so I have eyes again. Here's another screen shot of the Outliner pulled down a little, and where the image resolution and format is selected. So, I've learned something today :)

blender-outliner-box.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
Do you always render to BMP? Oh wait, you're rendering finished products.

I always render to PNG, but that's my preference as I don't normally use the renders for final projects.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Do you always render to BMP? Oh wait, you're rendering finished products.

I always render to PNG, but that's my preference as I don't normally use the renders for final projects.

skylab

Esteemed
I find that the finals in .bmp resize at a better quality, and then I normally use .jpg on the internet. If I'm just running a test, I'll often just screen shot a .jpg. In the case of the Blender renders, the 12-hour render was definitely going to be the final...haha. I'm just doing these in order to learn where to find the controls in different situations, and what to expect out of render times.

:bee:

Miss B

CV-BEE
I think I may have mentioned before, but in case I haven't, I have a long, and growing, list of Blender goodies in our Blender subforum. You should check it out, if you haven't already done so.

skylab

Esteemed
Demonstration of rigging in Blender...already it makes sense, and I've wondered why bones are not done this way in Poser, that is, the spine is jointed in several places, and placed in the back, allowing for more flexible movement.