• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Yep....I've been noticing increased fatigue in the last three weeks...not tired like sleepy, but tired like drained even when rested. I'm hoping it's side effects from the particular meds that I'm on, as fatigue is listed....they should have listed it as "totally wiped out" and it would have been more accurate. I used to do my cooking all at one time, then the dishes....now, I have to do one thing at a time. So it takes several days to accomplish what I used to do in one evening. Again, this has nothing to do with time spent on art work....I can get up from eight hours of rest time feeling this way, so that's a change I'm having to live with. It's either the meds, or something that will show up in the labs. I could also do myself a favor by limiting forum time, especially in other threads. Occasionally it amounts to wasted time and an invitation for problems, and I simply can't allow that to drain energy or time any more.

On another note, as I've been eating dinner, I've been messing with the Envirolight Studio set by Adam Thwaites...it was created for Poser as far back as Poser 8, but apparently has been kept up to date. There's a PDF tutorial with it, and it seems to address the basics of portrait lighting. The price is certainly good on Adam's site, it's higher at Rendo. So anyone trying to learn about lighting on a budget, this is worth considering.

skylab

Esteemed
Have my fingers crossed it's the meds...the reason I say this, I have a relative who is on very strong BP meds, and they feel like they are walking in deep water all the time, totally drained. It's designed to knock the props from under a person to keep the pressure down. If that's indeed what it is, all I can say is it works...haha. It not only works on your ability to do things, but desire as well...you find yourself thinking "I don't feel like doing that now"....but that can only go on so long...haha. Can't sleep all the time. It's just hard for me to adjust to this change. Reminds me of the little kid I knew one time who used to say "I don't like it, I don't want it", from the time she learned to talk...haha....I feel like that little kid...I don't like and I don't want it :( But as with everything, adjustments will come in time :)

skylab

Esteemed
Been reading about Poser lighting, since it seems to be topic of the day....and it seems ground color affects everything in the scene....so selecting the ground and changing it makes a difference in the output. I think that's the idea behind Adam's light set....it has an environment and cube, then mats to apply to the cube, and the lights themselves, plus suggested render settings. In Poser 11 you have to contend with the ground and construct...I just went in to the properties box and made the ground invisible, so that I could use Adam's environment in Poser 11. It was originally created for Poser 8 which didn't have this issue.

skylab

Esteemed
Just learned a nice Poser shortcut tip....in order to "stack load" your lights, that is, one after the other, in this case the four types of lights that go with the set, you click the double check after loading the first one, then proceed to stack load the other lights without canceling out the first (circled below).

lightcontrol6.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, I've noticed the double check marks now available in P11/PP11. I find it's the only way I can apply things like textures and INJs, because my usual double-clicking the thumbnails in my PP11 library don't seem to want to work any more. Not sure if that was done intentionally, or just how it's behaving on my laptop.

skylab

Esteemed
It's been my experience that capabilities sorta come and go within the content library. It has improved since I retreated back to the original PP11 release...the latest update made my library very unstable...some days it showed beautifully, other days it was grayed out more than it showed...and I just didn't know what kind of conclusion to draw from that. One of the pleasures of working with computers through the years has been a certain amount of stability....that is, if you do this, then that will result. But this acting up sometimes...like only on Tuesdays when its raining...it makes me weary dealing with it. Anyway, thought I'd throw that general tip out since it was mentioned in the directions of Adam's light set. He set it up on purpose as a teaching tool, so the user can turn this and that off, and see the effects....sorta taking it apart, the way Seliah has mentioned...so mentioned it as a possibility for her. Some things she may already know, but I'm sensing it's time to fill in the gaps, for when folks start throwing out math equations and information that's packaged in a way not like is done here in this thread. We make every effort to be kind in here. I had a close friend at work who went to Cornell and she said they made every effort to humiliate you during the learning process...some folks have just come up that way and they think it's normal. Fortunately she was brilliant, but not like that at all. Folks learn differently...some need to be shown, some like to read, some get it by lecture.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Yes, I've noticed the double check marks now available in P11/PP11. I find it's the only way I can apply things like textures and INJs, because my usual double-clicking the thumbnails in my PP11 library don't seem to want to work any more. Not sure if that was done intentionally, or just how it's behaving on my laptop.

I have this same issue much of the time. I often either use those, or sometimes drag thing over (which I hate doing). The nice thing is I was worried it was my trackpad.

skylab

Esteemed
Good afternoon everyone :)

Seliah, I see you're making progress with Nataani over in your thread...the Poser renders are looking nice.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Afternoon, Sky. :)

Yes, finally making some serious headway. Annnd I managed a tiny little eye fix morph, too. I posted pics of it on the development thread. First time I've ever been able to do something constructive with the morph brush! LOL

skylab

Esteemed
I saw that...looks impressive. See there...you're getting accustomed to the tools in Poser, and making progress :)

skylab

Esteemed
I happened to notice the Poser viewport discussion too...I'm with you, it's totally disorienting for me to try to work in a four-view pane...haha. I never know exactly where I am. To be safe, I always use the pull down to pick my way around. I tried getting used to the camera tool...I get along fine with orienting the side-to-side, zoom, and rotation, but I've hit the flyaround and animating by mistake and it goes crazy, so for precision sake, I just stick with the pull down. Just thought I'd leave comments here instead of out in other threads, to avoid attracting raptors...haha.

camera pane.jpg

camera views.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
..and I noticed you're getting a fix for Dusk Body Shapes for the foot issue. Now that's progress. All this stuff you've been going through has actually been Xtreme beta testing, when you thought it was just wrestling with Poser. Go girl!