• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Ruckus Renders Here!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh sorry, I didn't mean the Body Shapes were not useful - as a matter of fact, I use them a LOT. What I meant was that I think the long nails should belong to the Base Morphs instead. :)
Actually, that's how it is with V4 as well. The fingernail lengths is part of the Morphs++ pack, though there you can inject whatever specific morph you want. You don't have to inject them all, which is a good thing, as there's a ton of morphs in that add-on.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I tend to load EVERYTHING nowadays, which can make things slower. I noticed Poser doesn't like when we copy ALL morphs to the clothing, which happens to be the default choice (everything selected). I suggested to SMS that it would be very helpful an option to copy ONLY the morphs in use (non-zero), and also to ignore morphs that don't affect certain clothing, like torso morphs on shoes, or leg morphs on gloves. As it is, things can get clogged quite quickly.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I tend to load EVERYTHING nowadays, which can make things slower. I noticed Poser doesn't like when we copy ALL morphs to the clothing, which happens to be the default choice (everything selected). I suggested to SMS that it would be very helpful an option to copy ONLY the morphs in use (non-zero), and also to ignore morphs that don't affect certain clothing, like torso morphs on shoes, or leg morphs on gloves. As it is, things can get clogged quite quickly.
Time consuming but once you get what you want can't certain morphs be removed?

Miss B

CV-BEE
You can remove individual morphs, but that would be time consuming, and I don't know if there's a way to remove a group of morphs at once.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Morph deletion in Poser is a flaky operation, and sometimes quite dangerous. They fixed this in Poser 11, but if you are using an older version, deleting a morph will delete way more than you expect, and from everywhere. And even in Poser 11, the default behavior is to delete from EVERYTHING, not just from the selected item. SMS claims this is the proper way. For example, if you delete a morph from the clothing, the dialog might also select the morph from the figure and all other clothing as well. You have to make sure you check what's selected from the delete dialog. There were many cases where I just wanted to delete a morph from the clothing, and ended up deleting from the figure and all other conformed clothing. There is also the pesky issue where deleting a morph will not include master dials from the body group. So if you try to add the morph again, it will claim it already exists, and will not let you do it. It sometimes will leave leftovers all over the body, and there is the notorious case where Poser will offer you a BLANK list of morphs to delete - so you cannot delete the one you want.

I prefer not to add morphs if there is a chance I will have to delete it later.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well, the only time I've done it was when I was working with the Morph Brush, and then decided to do it over again, so I deleted the morph that was originally created.

I haven't tried deleting anything when using "Copy morphs from", so I'm sure that's more like what you're describing.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
It doesn't have to be a morph you copied. It can be one you created yourself, or any other morph. But in the particular case of redoing a morph you made with the Morphing Tool, there is a better alternative to deleting if you want to redo it. In the Morphing Tool, you can clear just the morph data, so you can redo it. However, if the model has subdivision, the Morphing Tool can spike it out if you try to use the sculpting tools. In my experience, that has happened in over half of the time. I made all of the Body Types with the Morphing Tool, and that's when I realized this. Better remove subdivision before using it, or results can be unpredictable. But when it works, you can remove the morph data by subdivision level, or globally, if you want to redo it. That's an alternative to deleting it, and facing the multitude of issues mentioned above.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Hmmmm, I don't do subdivision until I'm ready to render, so that wouldn't be an issue for me. As far as editing the morph data with the Morph Brush, I'll have to check into that, as I don't remember seeing where I would be able to do that. Then again, I haven't used the Morph Brush often enough to be as comfortable with it as I'd like. I usually use it to clean up folds after simming dynamic cloth, not changing the shape of a character's body.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I initially only used the Morphing Tool for clean-ups and fixing pokethrus as well, but over time I realized it was easier and quicker to edit meshes with it than to exporting to ZBrush. :)

Me195

Extraordinary
Ruckus Get This Dude Outta My Bar

https://hivewire3d.com/hivewire-ruckus-for-dusk-se.htmlhttps://hivewire3d.com/marcello-for-dusk.htmlhttps://hivewire3d.com/western-outfit-for-dusk.htmlhttps://hivewire3d.com/dusk-s-expressions-visemes.htmlhttps://hivewire3d.com/dusk-s-head-shapes.htmlLaFemme, Anuli for LaFemme,lolita dress,Heart Jewelry, HR-184, and DeadWater Saloon and props all found at renderosity

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Hey! Your Dragon guy and my dragon guy should go out and do a buddy dragon movie or something! Lol. Nice work! Love the wings!

Me195

Extraordinary
Hey! Your Dragon guy and my dragon guy should go out and do a buddy dragon movie or something! Lol. Nice work! Love the wings!
That would be cool. Then they could hit the fly-thru at Mc Dragon's afterward. Imagine the seating in a dragon theatre considering everybody would have big wings potentially blocking the view. Thank you. I've had those wings forever, but I've been too chicken to use them because the membrane on the wings is dynamic. If you are interested in those wings Arki has an updated version for Daz Studio. It uses dforce for the membrane. In addition to the batlike wings it comes with birdlike and fairy like wings. It also happens to be on sale right now for 30% off. It's called "Arki's wings" over at Daz3d.