Show Us Your Ruckus Renders Here!

Discussion in 'It's About the Art!' started by Chris, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Rae134

Rae134 Distinguished CV-BEE Contributing Artist

Awesome beast Me!

Dakorillon (IMArts) and Me195 like this.
  2. Me195

Me195 Extraordinary

Thank you Rae

Rae134 likes this.
  3. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

I'll say. A nice combination of characters and morphs. :)

4. Chris

Chris HW3D President Staff Member Co-Founder

Yeah agreed, looks great. I want him on my side.

5. Ken1171

Ken1171 Distinguished Contributing Artist

That was a very creative use of the gorilla + Ruckus! Really awesome! :D

6. Me195

Me195 Extraordinary

Thanks Miss B. I'm very fond of the creature head packs.
    Thanks Chris. I want him on my side too, but could you imagine the amount of dog food required.
    Thanks Ken. I'm always looking for a good kitbash.

7. Sunfire

Sunfire One Busy Little Bee QAV-BEE Contributing Artist

Skip the dog food, feed 'im sheep!

Rae134, Dakorillon (IMArts) and Me195 like this.
  8. Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dakorillon (IMArts) Extraordinary Contributing Artist

9. Miss B

See now, when I think of kitbash, I think of pieces of clothing from several sets. I never think of kitbashing characters.

10. Ken1171

How come? I have been posting several experiments mixing my own morphs with those made by other people, or just plain kitbashing morphs from other people, for years. The results can be quite unique, like when I kitbashed my own Body Type-6 with RAW Art's Hero morph. Or when I mixed Nissa + Willow + DawnSE head morphs to create different variations of toon heads. The possibilities are endless. ^_____^

Dakorillon (IMArts) and Me195 like this.
  11. Miss B

I don't think I've ever considered it. The only things I "add" are morphs that belong to the character I'm working with for a specific look. For instance, when I injected Sculpted Dusk into DuskSE for a more muscular look. I suppose the only morph I've ever used by another creator is Fabiana's Squared Nails with any and all DawnSE characters I work with, mostly because I don't like the default nails on any character. I always think they look like they're biting their nails. Then again, I've been doing that since Vicky 4.

Dakorillon (IMArts) likes this.
  12. Ken1171

I think Dawn has square nails from HW's Body Shapes pack.

13. Miss B

Hmmmm, I'll have to check that out, because I know the default DawnSE doesn't.

Since I only use Dawn's Body Shapes when I'm beta testing a character that needs it, or using a character that will INJ it and the other required morphs automatically, I haven't really explored everything it includes. Now you've got me curious. ;)

14. Me195

Me195 Extraordinary

Thank you Dakorillon. I hope to have an improved version once I get the dynamics set up for the hair.
    I didn't either until I saw a webinar years ago that included a segment on getting the most out of your 3d assets. He made just a few alterations to his figures and completely changed the art style. Since then I've tried to see how everything can fit together to make as many different characters as possible.
    Indeed. Good kitbashing is wherever you find it.

15. Ken1171

I am not sure why HW decided to include the fingernail morphs on the Body Shapes pack, and not the Base Morphs instead. I basically always use long nails on Dawn, so I find myself always having to add the Body Shapes pack, even if I only use the fingernails from it. It includes rounded and square options.

16. Satira Capriccio

Satira Capriccio Distinguished CV-BEE Contributing Artist

I couldn't imagine not using the Body Shapes pack! It's rare I don't use several of the morphs from Dawn Body Shapes. Especially Aged or Amazon Arms and Legs. I almost always use BodyPetite, and often a bit of Chubby or Pear to give my characters a bit more "padding." I don't as often use the Obese morphs.

I don't always like the torso of the full body shapes, especially those that add muscle definition, so find the separate arms and legs morphs a life saver. I'm simply not at all crazy about the six pack look.

Ken1171 and Dakorillon (IMArts) like this.
  17. Miss B

I only like that on a male character, and then again, when he's shirtless. ;)

Then again, Sculpted Dusk is a completely separate pack, and I certainly wouldn't expect anything like that for Dawn.

18. Ken1171

Oh sorry, I didn't mean the Body Shapes were not useful - as a matter of fact, I use them a LOT. What I meant was that I think the long nails should belong to the Base Morphs instead. :)

Dakorillon (IMArts) and Rae134 like this.
  19. Ken1171

RAW Art has created plenty of sculpted body morphs for Dawn. They have been in the store from the very early days here at HW. :)

20. Miss B

Yes, and it's been in my Wishlist for a while now. ;)