• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Ruckus Renders Here!

Me195

Extraordinary
I'll say. A nice combination of characters and morphs. :)
Thanks Miss B. I'm very fond of the creature head packs.
Yeah agreed, looks great. I want him on my side.
Thanks Chris. I want him on my side too, but could you imagine the amount of dog food required.
That was a very creative use of the gorilla + Ruckus! Really awesome! :D
Thanks Ken. I'm always looking for a good kitbash.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
See now, when I think of kitbash, I think of pieces of clothing from several sets. I never think of kitbashing characters.

How come? I have been posting several experiments mixing my own morphs with those made by other people, or just plain kitbashing morphs from other people, for years. The results can be quite unique, like when I kitbashed my own Body Type-6 with RAW Art's Hero morph. Or when I mixed Nissa + Willow + DawnSE head morphs to create different variations of toon heads. The possibilities are endless. ^_____^

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I don't think I've ever considered it. The only things I "add" are morphs that belong to the character I'm working with for a specific look. For instance, when I injected Sculpted Dusk into DuskSE for a more muscular look. I suppose the only morph I've ever used by another creator is Fabiana's Squared Nails with any and all DawnSE characters I work with, mostly because I don't like the default nails on any character. I always think they look like they're biting their nails. Then again, I've been doing that since Vicky 4.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Hmmmm, I'll have to check that out, because I know the default DawnSE doesn't.

Since I only use Dawn's Body Shapes when I'm beta testing a character that needs it, or using a character that will INJ it and the other required morphs automatically, I haven't really explored everything it includes. Now you've got me curious. ;)

Me195

Extraordinary
That is absolutely fantastic! Wonderful job!
Thank you Dakorillon. I hope to have an improved version once I get the dynamics set up for the hair.
See now, when I think of kitbash, I think of pieces of clothing from several sets. I never think of kitbashing characters.
I didn't either until I saw a webinar years ago that included a segment on getting the most out of your 3d assets. He made just a few alterations to his figures and completely changed the art style. Since then I've tried to see how everything can fit together to make as many different characters as possible.
How come? I have been posting several experiments mixing my own morphs with those made by other people, or just plain kitbashing morphs from other people, for years. The results can be quite unique, like when I kitbashed my own Body Type-6 with RAW Art's Hero morph. Or when I mixed Nissa + Willow + DawnSE head morphs to create different variations of toon heads. The possibilities are endless. ^_____^
Indeed. Good kitbashing is wherever you find it.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Hmmmm, I'll have to check that out, because I know the default DawnSE doesn't.

Since I only use Dawn's Body Shapes when I'm beta testing a character that needs it, or using a character that will INJ it and the other required morphs automatically, I haven't really explored everything it includes. Now you've got me curious. ;)

I am not sure why HW decided to include the fingernail morphs on the Body Shapes pack, and not the Base Morphs instead. I basically always use long nails on Dawn, so I find myself always having to add the Body Shapes pack, even if I only use the fingernails from it. It includes rounded and square options.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I couldn't imagine not using the Body Shapes pack! It's rare I don't use several of the morphs from Dawn Body Shapes. Especially Aged or Amazon Arms and Legs. I almost always use BodyPetite, and often a bit of Chubby or Pear to give my characters a bit more "padding." I don't as often use the Obese morphs.

I don't always like the torso of the full body shapes, especially those that add muscle definition, so find the separate arms and legs morphs a life saver. I'm simply not at all crazy about the six pack look.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I'm simply not at all crazy about the six pack look.
I only like that on a male character, and then again, when he's shirtless. ;)

Then again, Sculpted Dusk is a completely separate pack, and I certainly wouldn't expect anything like that for Dawn.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I only like that on a male character, and then again, when he's shirtless. ;)

Then again, Sculpted Dusk is a completely separate pack, and I certainly wouldn't expect anything like that for Dawn.

RAW Art has created plenty of sculpted body morphs for Dawn. They have been in the store from the very early days here at HW. :)