• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show us your Mule Deer Renders!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I tried that in Poser, don't know what I was doing wrong by it didn't work (haven't tried in DS yet)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I may just have to try that out at some point, and see if I can' figure it out. I'll let you know if I succeed.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
If you can select one without the other you should be able to move it with the transform sliders.
If they only come in as a set with no individual identity. Select one inn the geometry editor. Hide it and delete it. Then save that scene or scene subset and then open a new scene and do the same with the other.

I've found that you can't do one edit after the other in the same scene, since all iterations of an edited item *in that scene* duplicate the editing done on one of them. Once you've saved an edited item in a new scene, or scene subset, you can merge it into another scene without a problem.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
That's the beauty of them being separate from the animal (would like it if they came as separate left and right rather than the pair, they single one on the side I had to place so far over so the other one didn't show)
why not export as single L and R .obj versions? That would work...no?

Stezza

Dances with Bees
In Carrara it's as easy as one, two, three..... ;) :flower02:

My Deer.png

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
I tried that in Poser, don't know what I was doing wrong by it didn't work (haven't tried in DS yet)

In DS, you can "Convert figure to prop," then, using the geometry editor, delete half of the vertices, and then, if you are feeling really picky, you can use the joint editor to adjust the "bones" in such a way that the new prop rotates around a logical point. No exporting required.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
In DS, you can "Convert figure to prop," then, using the geometry editor, delete half of the vertices, and then, if you are feeling really picky, you can use the joint editor to adjust the "bones" in such a way that the new prop rotates around a logical point. No exporting required.
Thanks VB, I'll give that a go (I've never used the geometry editor or the joint editor so I hope I don't make a mess of it lol)
Wow. Seems the first time I actually know how to do something more complex in Poser. Usually me who has to write that.
I know little or next to nothing in Poser LOL